httplib.HTTPSConnection with timeout support (pyton 2.5.1)

Discussion in 'Python' started by mmomar@gmail.com, Nov 5, 2007.

    I am using a HTTPS connection to invoke a cgi-script. I want to use a
    timeout between the sending the request and receiving the response, so
    what I want to do is when the request is send, the client should wait
    for a specified time, drop the connection and then do some thing
    else.

    I found out that the timout should work on HTTPS connection (python
    2.5), and thus tried to use it, but that does not seems to work. The
    cgi-script receives the request, do some work, and returns the
    response, but not within the "timelimit" the client wants, and the
    timeout set for the HTTPS conncetion does not apply at all. Could be
    becasue the timeout is only used on the (TCP/IP) connection and not
    the request/response communication?

    Is there a way to use timeout as the way I want to (between sending
    the request and receiving the response)?

    Thanks..

    /Omar

    , Nov 5, 2007