HttpModule and unloading

mattdev1000

Hello,

I have an HttpModule that uses a lazy fetch to a secondary tier for
calculating some values (the calculation is can be multisecond in the
worse case). The HttpModule spins up a thread to listen for a
response from this 2nd tier and will cache the results in a large
table for service subsequent requests.

I notice that the HttpModule will unload from time to time and realize
this is normal behavior but was wondering if there was a recommended
way of keeping it resident so as not to 1) lose the cache (as it is
quite expensive to build) and 2) lose the listening thread as the
results are being multicasted back. Currently my cache/thread is in a
static class that is initialized in a static constructor of the
HttpModule.

I would be open to another approach other than an HttpModule but need
the request handler to respond very fast as the number of requests
incoming can be quite high.

Thanks!