HttpModule - SessionStateModule with cookieless uri state

Todd Throne

Does anyone know how to persuade the SessionStateModule to set the HttpSessionState.IsCookieless to true.

I tried redirecting to a URI of the format /host/(SessionId)/original/path
but it does not pick up that session when it receives the redirected request.

Thanks

Guest

Can't you just do that from the web.config file?

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="true" timeout="120" />

Todd Throne

Is that just for local sql access?

I want to be able to use the SessionStateModule to maintain sessions using cookies if the client supports cookies, and then somehow kickstart it into using uri bases session support when I detect the client doesn't support cookies.

Guest

I see. I don't know if you can just switch between the two. ...hmm, your best
bet might just be to store your session in SQL Server.You won't have to
change any code and you won't have to worry if the user allows cookies. Less
headache.

bruce barker

all the .net session managers support cookieless. the sql connection string
is only used by the sqlstate manager and the stateConnectionString is used
only by the server session manager. mode controls which session manager is
used.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)