HTTPModule

Guest

Has anyone experienced loss of HTTP header information when requesting
files via the use of a http module?

I'm authenticating the use of mp3 files before download, and the http
header request "Range: bytes=2385920-" should respond with a 206
"Partial Content" staus code and "Content-Range: bytes
2385920-9585056/9585057" within the response header. Hence returning
partial parts of an MP3.

I've tested this without the http module and I'm getting the expected
results minus the authentication (obviously).

Not sure why this isn't returning the correct response, or how to
reproduce the required response headers. Help!

Dave

bruce barker

http 1.1 supports fetching content by byte offset and length thru
request headers. this is optional support though. native request
handling by iis supports this for files, but for any other handler its
optional.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Dave

OK. Are you saying that Microsoft may not support this in their
implementation of http modules/handlers because it is seen as an
optional part of the HTTP protocol?

If this is the case my options are extremely limited!

Dave