https and browser back button

Freddy

Hi,

The registration process in our web site is of 3 step process spanning 3
pages and it is performed on https.

I have noticed in some websites while doing credit card payments if we click
the back button of the browser we get a page saying "Warning page
expired...." etc.

But in the registration process when I click the back button the borwser is
displaying the previous page instead of "Warning page expired...." page. How
to get this page? The <Head></Head> section of registration pages looks as
follows,

<HEAD>
<title></title>
name="vs_targetSchema">
<LINK href="/styles/styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
<script language="javascript" src="/script/javaScript.js"></script>
</HEAD>

Can anyone please suggest me how to implement this

Freddy

Patrice

Check first but my understanding is :
- the page is not in the cache
- non cached paged don't go in the history

As a result when you use the back button it hits the prievous page instaed
of this one...

Freddy

Thanks Patrice.

Actually If the user goes from page 1 to page 2 and then hits the browser
back button I don't want page 1 to load or appear, instead I want "Warning
Page expired......" message which we normally get while we are doing credit
card transactions and do the same type of navigation on some websites. Note
all the files page 1, page 2 and page 3 are under ssl and accessed using
HTTPS