https and browser back button

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Freddy, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Freddy

    Freddy Guest

    Hi,

    The registration process in our web site is of 3 step process spanning 3
    pages and it is performed on https.

    I have noticed in some websites while doing credit card payments if we click
    the back button of the browser we get a page saying "Warning page
    expired...." etc.

    But in the registration process when I click the back button the borwser is
    displaying the previous page instead of "Warning page expired...." page. How
    to get this page? The <Head></Head> section of registration pages looks as
    follows,

    <HEAD>
    <title></title>
    name="vs_targetSchema">
    <LINK href="/styles/styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
    <script language="javascript" src="/script/javaScript.js"></script>
    </HEAD>

    Can anyone please suggest me how to implement this

    Freddy
    Freddy, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Freddy

    Patrice Guest

    Check first but my understanding is :
    - the page is not in the cache
    - non cached paged don't go in the history

    As a result when you use the back button it hits the prievous page instaed
    of this one...

    Patrice, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Freddy

    Freddy Guest

    Thanks Patrice.

    Actually If the user goes from page 1 to page 2 and then hits the browser
    back button I don't want page 1 to load or appear, instead I want "Warning
    Page expired......" message which we normally get while we are doing credit
    card transactions and do the same type of navigation on some websites. Note
    all the files page 1, page 2 and page 3 are under ssl and accessed using
    HTTPS

    Freddy, Jun 18, 2004