https download

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dstauffer@lacledegas.com, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 8, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi, everyone.
    > I have a URL from a vendor that looks like this:
    > https://ats.yourserver.com/resumepr...sword&dfrom=01-01-2007&dto=01-01-2008&fmt=csv
    >
    > If I paste this into a browser I get a download dialog box.
    >
    > What is the best approach for scripting this with perl? Can I leave
    > the uid and pwd in the URL string or should I take them out?

    Is the uid and pwd required to access the file(s)? If so, do you mind
    that anybody using your script would see your uid/pwd? If you do, you
    may or may not be able to pass the info as a POST request instead. It
    depends on the program on the target side.

    Btw, "the best approach" would be just the same irrespective of which
    programming language you would use. In other words, your question is not
    a Perl question.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Jun 8, 2007