https download

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Hi, everyone.
I have a URL from a vendor that looks like this:
https://ats.yourserver.com/resumepr...sword&dfrom=01-01-2007&dto=01-01-2008&fmt=csv

If I paste this into a browser I get a download dialog box.

What is the best approach for scripting this with perl? Can I leave
the uid and pwd in the URL string or should I take them out?

Is the uid and pwd required to access the file(s)? If so, do you mind
that anybody using your script would see your uid/pwd? If you do, you
may or may not be able to pass the info as a POST request instead. It
depends on the program on the target side.

Btw, "the best approach" would be just the same irrespective of which
programming language you would use. In other words, your question is not
a Perl question.