https frame style

Xavier Bourguignon

Hi

I have an iframe contained withing a normal frame.
The normal frame is http and the iframe is https.

I need to change the style of the iframe several times while the user
is using it, for example, the height or color or position etc...

If the iframe was http I could do this:

parent.document.getElementById("frameID").style.whatever = something;

unfortunately because of the iframe being https, javascript cannot
access the parent, and for those of you who are thinking about telling
me to make the container frame https, this is not possible in the
current context.

Is there a way to change a frame's style within that frame?

thank you...

Xavier

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Xavier said:
I have an iframe contained withing a normal frame.
The normal frame is http and the iframe is https.
[...]
Is there a way to change a frame's style within that frame?

No, the Same Origin Policy forbids it.

PointedEars