HTTPS GET request.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jon, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Hi,

    I'm testing an application that sends an HTTPS GET request in the form
    of:

    https://localhost/cgi-bin/parse_eas.cgi?vers=2+"&msg=This+is+a+simple+%26+short+test.

    I need to get a hold of that entire request for comparison /
    verification purposes.

    The closet thing I found is Sebastien Martini's Simple HTTP server
    supporting SSL recipe (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/
    Python/Recipe/442473).

    In this recipe Sebastien created a SecureHTTPRequestHandler by
    extending the SimpleHTTPRequestHandler class.

    The SimpleHTTPRequestHandler extends the BaseHTTPRequestHandler that
    references an internal instance "request" variable.

    If getting access to that request variable is the right way to go to
    get hold of the entire GET request, can someone suggest a way (or a
    web resource for me to learn how) to do that (since I'm relatively new
    to Python).

    Or is there a better way?

    Many thanks!

    - Jon