httpWebRequest / Javascript

Thomas Goodson

Does anybody here have an example of using the httpWebRequest object in
ASP/JavaScript (um...JScript)? I need the basic ability to retrieve a web
page (most likely requested via a POST) into a string variable.
** Tom **

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

HttpWebRequest is a .NET Framework class and represents server-side code. I
think, as Bruce pointed out, that what you want for Javascript (client side
code) is the XmlHttpRequest object.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog: htp://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

Thomas Goodson

Ok, I've seen that page, but it applies to client side usage of the XHR
object and not server side use of the httpWebRequest object.
** Tom **

Thomas Goodson

NOPE! I do what little ASP programming that I do in JavaScript (yes on the
server side.) Bruce's suggestion was great and I use that code on the client
side, but I need to build a proxy on the server to allow access to content
that is not in my domain. (there's more to it than that, but that will do as
a starting point.) While I can use the XMLHTTP object via classic asp, I
would prefer to use the httpWebRequest object in asp.net. The problem is
that I don't program very well in vbscript and all the examples seem to be
in vbscript. I do program in JavaScript, c, c++, php, etc (it's a long
list) I spend a lot of time in JavaScript and have written asp pages in the
past using it as the server side scripting language.
** Tom **