httpWebResponse not being triggered

leedavies166

Hi all,

I have an asp.net web application which is used for file uploading.
Upon file upload the file is:
1) validated
2) converted to xml
3) the xml is sent via a httpWebRequest to another web server
4) a response is received
5) a text box on the web page is updated with any error messages and
6) an email is sent to our admin user to say a file has been uploaded
This is all done in VB.Net.

The problem I seem to be having is thus: the text box on the web page
does not always update even though the processing has got as far as
sending the admin email (ie it skips step 5). This leaves the person
who uploaded thinking that the file is still uploading and he/she could

then be sat there for quite a while waiting for a response.

Does anybody have any ideas why this may be happening?

Also when the web request does eventually timeout I get the "Would you
like to display non-secure items?" message and any response causes an
error on the page.

To me it sounds as if the page is still waiting for the response (4)
even though it has been received and processed. Are there any triggers

that I can put in to ensure that the page realises the it no longer
needs to wait for the response?

Cheers
Lee

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote DaviesL,
[...]

It would be useful to have a look at your code, otherwise it'll be all just
guesswork ;-)

Cheers,