Hyperlink appear only if Windows %username% equals employee

Micromanaged

Trying to set up an asp page where the rank and file employees can view
the results of an Access 2k database with the standard links, etc.
Certain employees have been tasked with updating things in the database.

I would like to set up the ASP page to query the %username% variable on
the Windows systems that view it, and if it is a match, then present a
link to update the Access 2k database.

Is it possible and where would I look for help/assistance with it?

Thanks in advance.