HyperLinkColumn problem

Franck Diastein

Hi,

I create from my CS code an HyperLinkColumn, and add it to a DataGrid
before binding data...

Then, I need to use text from that Column in ItemDataBound...

I do this:

e.Item.Cells[2].Text = e.Item.Cells[0].Text + "MyStuff";

the problem is that my Cell 2 only shows MyStuff instead of cell's 0
text AND MyStuff...

I think the problem cames from the fact that I create 'source' cell by
code, but I can't do it another way...

Any idea ?

TIA

souri challa

Franck,

Read Your Hyperlink text like below.

( (Hyperlink)e.item.findcontrol("HyperlinkId")).Text.

The text you're trying to read from cell[0] returns the literal text
in the cell. The hyperlink you have added would be a control added to
the control tree with the cell as the parent tree.

-Souri

Franck Diastein

I understand what you say, but that doesn't work :-(

I have defined nothing in aspx side...

This is what I have done:

HyperLinkColumn hlcLink = new HyperLinkColumn();
hlcLink.HeaderText = "Rep";
hlcLink.DataTextField = "Name";
hlcLink.DataNavigateUrlField = "Name";
hlcLink.DataNavigateUrlFormatString = classes.appSettings.SvnURI + "{0}";

dgDirectories.Columns.AddAt(0,hlcLink );

I tried this:

e.Item.Cells[2].Text = ((HyperLink ) e.Item.FindControl("hlcLink")).Text;

But had this error:

souri challa

You need to find the control by its ID. Try setting an explict ID to
the control right after you create it and use it in FindControl.

souri challa

I just noticed that you're trying to add a column not control in the
cell.
try the following

e.Item.Cells[2].Text = ((HyperLink)e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0]).Text;

HTH,
Souri