Hypotenuse of a right triangle

Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Develop a C# console application that computes the hypotenuse of a right triangle. The computation of the hypotenuse

of a right triangle is based on the Pythagorean Theorem: c2 = a2 + b2 and the hypotenuse, c ("long side") of the triangle

can be computed with the formula the hypotenuse is equal to the square root of the side a squared plus side b squared.

The application should take as many side pairs inputs as the user desires and calculate each until the user enters a zero

for both side one and side two (sentinel loop). You should use at least two (2) Math class methods.

The output should look something like this:

enter length of first side: 3

enter length of second side: 4

The hypotenuse is 5

enter length of first side:
3.44

enter length of second side: 4.88

The hypotenuse is 5.97059461025449

enter length of first side:
10.55

enter length of second side: 33.0

The hypotenuse is 34.6453820876607

enter length of first side:
0

enter length of second side: 0

Press any key to continue . . .

I get that the hypotenuse is 5, but I'm not converting the inputs correctly. My problem is trying to find away to convert a string number input to a numeric value type.