    and it's great!

    i had to share that with you

    guyon
    Guyon Morée, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Guyon Morée

    Guyon Morée Guest

    I hesitated when I read that it was a java app, because I have some bad
    experiences with java apps. I haven't found anything yet that bothers me in
    regards to speed or stability.

    I could have something to with the fact that I recently upgraded my pc [P4
    2,4ghz,512mb] :)

    The amount of Eclipse plugins are amazing, I also found a graphical RegEx
    tester, very usefull.

    www.xored.com
    > > and it's great!
    > >
    > > i had to share that with you

    > I haven't used TruStudio plugin for Eclipse but Eclipse itself is too slow
    > to use it for me.
    > Have you tried Eric3? It looks great, has a debugger. I you haven't tried

    it

    Guyon Morée, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Guyon Morée

    deelan Guest

    (Eclipse/TruStudio) Re: I am so impressed

    Guyon Morée wrote:

    > I've been looking for a nice python editor for a while. I was using a great
    > general purpose editor called EditPlus. It did the job pretty good....
    >
    > I've now downloaded Eclipse with the TruStudio plug-ins from www.xored.com
    > and it's great!

    after your suggestion i've downloaded both eclispe and trustudio.
    eclipse starts flawlessy but i cannot see any trace of trustudio
    python extensions. BTW eclipse runs smoothly on my office P4 1.4GHz, 512MB.

    there's should be some reference to python support
    in the IDE, right? something lile "new file --> python",
    or "new project --> python project", actually i only see
    java related stuff.

    following the website instructions i've just unzipped trustudio zip
    files (2) into eclipse folder (they actually installs under "plug-ins"
    folder). i've restarted eclipse a couple of times, but nothing
    changed

    any thoughts?

    later,
    deelan

    --
    goldicus1970 AT yahoo.it
    http://www.deelan.com/
    deelan, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Guyon Morée

    Guyon Morée Guest

    Re: (Eclipse/TruStudio) Re: I am so impressed

    did you install both packages from TruStudio?

    you have to download the trustudio framework & the python devtools
    be sure you've unzipped the files correctly in th plugin folder of eclipse

    Guyon Morée, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Guyon Morée

    deelan Guest

    Guyon Morée wrote:

    > did you install both packages from TruStudio?
    >
    > you have to download the trustudio framework & the python devtools
    > be sure you've unzipped the files correctly in th plugin folder of eclipse

    i cannot check now since i'm at home, but i'm pretty sure i extracted
    both zip files in the eclipse folder (and they created some sub-folders
    in the plugin one).

    i'll check things again the next week.

    later,
    deelan
    --
    email: goldicus1970 AT yahoo.it
    web: http://www.deelan.com
    deelan, Jul 26, 2003
  6. "Guyon Morée" <gumuz*NOSP@M*looze.net> wrote in message news:<3f207dcc$0$137$>...
    > I've been looking for a nice python editor for a while. I was using a great
    > general purpose editor called EditPlus. It did the job pretty good....
    >
    > I've now downloaded Eclipse with the TruStudio plug-ins from www.xored.com
    > and it's great!
    >
    > i had to share that with you

    Thanks for sharing, it's a nice editor. I've got few complaints though,
    do you know how to fix these:

    - I can't comment / uncomment multiple lines
    - I have to press backspace 4 times to erase one level of indentation.
    In IDLE I could do it with one backspace press.

    Those two are pretty constant annoyances. Otherwise I'd love to use it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hannu_Kankaanp=E4=E4?=, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Guyon Morée

    wzhang Guest

    (TheDustbustr) wrote in message news:<>...
    > My only complaint is that it won't let you use control keys in the
    > interpereter. It's a problem when you put a while 1: in your mainloop and
    > can't KeyboardInterrupt out of it.
    >
    > Great for an editor, as long as you run your apps externally.

    I downloaded both eclipse and trustudio plugin. Everything was fine
    except I could not pass a commandline argument to the module. Could
    anybody tell me how to configure eclipse 'run' so that I can pass a
    argument.

    Thanks.

    wz
    wzhang, Jul 30, 2003