I am so impressed

Guyon Morée

I've been looking for a nice python editor for a while. I was using a great
general purpose editor called EditPlus. It did the job pretty good....

I've now downloaded Eclipse with the TruStudio plug-ins from www.xored.com
and it's great!

i had to share that with you

guyon

Guyon Morée

I hesitated when I read that it was a java app, because I have some bad
experiences with java apps. I haven't found anything yet that bothers me in
regards to speed or stability.

I could have something to with the fact that I recently upgraded my pc [P4
2,4ghz,512mb] :)

The amount of Eclipse plugins are amazing, I also found a graphical RegEx
tester, very usefull.

deelan

Guyon said:
I've been looking for a nice python editor for a while. I was using a great
general purpose editor called EditPlus. It did the job pretty good....

I've now downloaded Eclipse with the TruStudio plug-ins from www.xored.com
and it's great!
after your suggestion i've downloaded both eclispe and trustudio.
eclipse starts flawlessy but i cannot see any trace of trustudio
python extensions. BTW eclipse runs smoothly on my office P4 1.4GHz, 512MB.

there's should be some reference to python support
in the IDE, right? something lile "new file --> python",
or "new project --> python project", actually i only see
java related stuff.

following the website instructions i've just unzipped trustudio zip
files (2) into eclipse folder (they actually installs under "plug-ins"
folder). i've restarted eclipse a couple of times, but nothing
changed

any thoughts?

later,
deelan

Guyon Morée

did you install both packages from TruStudio?

you have to download the trustudio framework & the python devtools
be sure you've unzipped the files correctly in th plugin folder of eclipse

deelan

Guyon said:
did you install both packages from TruStudio?

you have to download the trustudio framework & the python devtools
be sure you've unzipped the files correctly in th plugin folder of eclipse
i cannot check now since i'm at home, but i'm pretty sure i extracted
both zip files in the eclipse folder (and they created some sub-folders
in the plugin one).

i'll check things again the next week.

later,
deelan

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hannu_Kankaanp=E4=E4?=

Guyon Morée said:
I've been looking for a nice python editor for a while. I was using a great
general purpose editor called EditPlus. It did the job pretty good....

I've now downloaded Eclipse with the TruStudio plug-ins from www.xored.com
and it's great!

i had to share that with you

Thanks for sharing, it's a nice editor. I've got few complaints though,
do you know how to fix these:

- I can't comment / uncomment multiple lines
- I have to press backspace 4 times to erase one level of indentation.
In IDLE I could do it with one backspace press.

Those two are pretty constant annoyances. Otherwise I'd love to use it.

wzhang

My only complaint is that it won't let you use control keys in the
interpereter. It's a problem when you put a while 1: in your mainloop and
can't KeyboardInterrupt out of it.

Great for an editor, as long as you run your apps externally.

I downloaded both eclipse and trustudio plugin. Everything was fine
except I could not pass a commandline argument to the module. Could
anybody tell me how to configure eclipse 'run' so that I can pass a
argument.

Thanks.

wz