I am using ActivePDF tool kit to generate PDF files in our ASP.NET 2.0 web app. Need help!

Learner

Hello,
We are using ActivePDF toolkit to generate reports in our web
application. We are using ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.

We are able to open the pdf files on our local development box with out
any problem. But having problems on the production server.

When we moved our application to the production serrver we made sure
that we copied the
production version of the APToolkitNET.dll to our project BIN directory
but still having problems.

When we try opening the PDF file on the server this is the error we are
getting:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'XXXXX[2].pdf' because it is either no a
supported file type or because the file has been corrupted (for
example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly
decode)"

But the same code works perfectly fine on my development box but not
sure why is this causing on the server.

The version of Adobe Reader on my development box is 6.0
The version of Adobe Reader on the server is 7.0 (not sure if this
makes any difference but just want to mention it here)

Can some one help me with this if any one of you had similar problem in
the past?

Thanks in advance
-L

Guest

I have run into this before. It has nothing to do with the ActivePDF though.

It may be that content-expiration on the server is set to "immediately". In
this case, if a round trip is required by the client to the server then the
client may not be able to access it because it has already expired. Try
setting content expiration to 1 minute on the web server.

Also, if using SSL, the "do not save encrypted files to disk" setting in IE
may prevent the PDF from being saved to Temporary Internet Files and may
cause a similar problem.

Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Any Solution

Hi,

Any Solution, I tried by change content expiration but it still same issue persists. Please guide me..

Thanks in Advance..