I am using ActivePDF tool kit to generate PDF files in our ASP.NET 2.0 web app. Need help!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Learner, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello,
    We are using ActivePDF toolkit to generate reports in our web
    application. We are using ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.

    We are able to open the pdf files on our local development box with out
    any problem. But having problems on the production server.

    When we moved our application to the production serrver we made sure
    that we copied the
    production version of the APToolkitNET.dll to our project BIN directory
    but still having problems.

    When we try opening the PDF file on the server this is the error we are
    getting:

    "Adobe Reader could not open 'XXXXX[2].pdf' because it is either no a
    supported file type or because the file has been corrupted (for
    example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly
    decode)"

    But the same code works perfectly fine on my development box but not
    sure why is this causing on the server.

    The version of Adobe Reader on my development box is 6.0
    The version of Adobe Reader on the server is 7.0 (not sure if this
    makes any difference but just want to mention it here)

    Can some one help me with this if any one of you had similar problem in
    the past?

    Thanks in advance
    -L
    Learner, Apr 22, 2006

  2. RE: I am using ActivePDF tool kit to generate PDF files in our ASP.NET

    I have run into this before. It has nothing to do with the ActivePDF though.

    It may be that content-expiration on the server is set to "immediately". In
    this case, if a round trip is required by the client to the server then the
    client may not be able to access it because it has already expired. Try
    setting content expiration to 1 minute on the web server.

    Also, if using SSL, the "do not save encrypted files to disk" setting in IE
    may prevent the PDF from being saved to Temporary Internet Files and may
    cause a similar problem.

    --
    Brad

    "Software is like melted pudding..."

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSb2JlcnRz?=, Apr 22, 2006

  3. Learner

    ossweb

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    html to pdf converter .net

    You can try the winnovative html to pdf converter from http://www.winnovative-software.com. You can perform HTML to PDF conversion with 2 lines of code:

    PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();
    byte[] downloadBytes = pdfConverter.GetPdfFromUrlBytes(MyURL);
    ossweb, Jun 15, 2008
  4. Learner

    venkatmath

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Any Solution

    Hi,

    Any Solution, I tried by change content expiration but it still same issue persists. Please guide me..

    Thanks in Advance..
    venkatmath, Jul 12, 2008