I don't understand this syntax error

Antoon Pardon

I'm probably looking right over it, but for the moment
I'm stumped. Can someone explain what is wrong. I'm running
python 2.5.2 here

This is the code:

class vslice(object):

def __init__(self, fun):
self.fun = fun

def __getitem__(self, inx):
if not isinstance(inx, tuple):
inx = inx,
return self.fun(*inx)

@vslice
class IdSet(object):
def __init__(self, *args):
self.lst = [(sl.start, sl.stop) for sl in args]

def __contains__(self, item):
for low, high in self.lst:
if low <= item < high:
return True
return False

def __str__(self):
return '[' + ', '.join('%d:%d' % sl for sl in self.lst) + ']'

#IdSet = vslice(IdSet)

idset = IdSet[1:3, 6:9]

print idset

for i in xrange(10):
print i, i in idset

This is the error I get:

File "vslice.py", line 12
class IdSet(object):
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Peter Otten

Antoon said:
I'm probably looking right over it, but for the moment
I'm stumped. Can someone explain what is wrong. I'm running
python 2.5.2 here

This is the code:
@vslice
class IdSet(object):