I got working variables but I can't find theirs declarations all over my project. Any advice?

MIUSS

Hi!

I am modifying some part of source code and I now I am suspended by
one thing I really don't understand and I got no one experience with
it. I got fully working source code (it reports no one error when
compile). The problem is that there are some variables used as
arguments for some functions but they are NOT declared. I was trying
to find theirs declarations but I didn't find them. I even tried to
find theirs assignments but I couldn't find them neither. Are they
declared somewhere inside in VC? Will give me an advice where else
should I search? I've got already researched all my .cpp and .h files
in my project.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards MIUSS!

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

Hi!

I am modifying some part of source code and I now I am suspended by
one thing I really don't understand and I got no one experience with
it. I got fully working source code (it reports no one error when
compile). The problem is that there are some variables used as
arguments for some functions but they are NOT declared. I was trying
to find theirs declarations but I didn't find them. I even tried to
find theirs assignments but I couldn't find them neither. Are they
declared somewhere inside in VC? Will give me an advice where else
should I search? I've got already researched all my .cpp and .h files
in my project.

Perhaps they are some global variables that comes with some library
used (it's a bad idea but I'd bet there are some people who've done
it). What's the name of those variables? Do you have any 'using
namespace' statements in your code? Since you are using VC have you
tried right-clicking on the variables and Go To Definition/Go To
Declaration?

MIUSS

Erik Wikström napsal:
Perhaps they are some global variables that comes with some library
used (it's a bad idea but I'd bet there are some people who've done
it). What's the name of those variables? Do you have any 'using
namespace' statements in your code? Since you are using VC have you
tried right-clicking on the variables and Go To Definition/Go To
Declaration?

Men, thanks a lot! Your help allow me to continue:) I'm fool!
Everytime I needed to look at the definitions I used that search
dialog on VC and now I can see I could do that so easiest! Please
don't laugh:))) I'm beginner.

Besides that, there's one strange thing. The name of one of those
variables is CLSID_ImagingFactory. Well, I used your advice and went
to definition by right click on that variable and then I was in the
header file named imgguids.h which is out of my project. I only don't
understand how is it possible that the output didn't report me any
error although I got this header file included nowhere in my .cpp
or .h files. That is also why I couldn't find that declaration by
search with VC's searching dialog. But don't care about that. Now I
know what to do next.

Thank you very much and have a nice day:)

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

Erik Wikström napsal:

Men, thanks a lot! Your help allow me to continue:) I'm fool!
Everytime I needed to look at the definitions I used that search
dialog on VC and now I can see I could do that so easiest! Please
don't laugh:))) I'm beginner.

Besides that, there's one strange thing. The name of one of those
variables is CLSID_ImagingFactory. Well, I used your advice and went
to definition by right click on that variable and then I was in the
header file named imgguids.h which is out of my project. I only don't
understand how is it possible that the output didn't report me any
error although I got this header file included nowhere in my .cpp
or .h files. That is also why I couldn't find that declaration by
search with VC's searching dialog. But don't care about that. Now I
know what to do next.

It's probably indirectly included by some file you do include.