I hate this.. But this time is Urgent

André Almeida Maldonado

Hy Guys... I created a web project in my machine, but when another network
computer open the solution, the project inside the solution is Unavaliable.
WHY?????

The error message when another network computer open the solution is:

The default web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at 'http://localhost/ibrape' cannot be opened with the path
'C:\Documents and Settings\win_xp\Meusa Documentos\Minhas Webs\Ibrape'.The
error returned was:

Unable to open Web project 'ibrape'. The Web 'ibrape' located on server
'http://localhost' does not exist.

What would yo like to do?

O Retry using a different file share path

Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Win_XP\My Documents\My Webs\Ibrape

O Try to open the project with FrontPage server extensions

WHAT CAN I DO?????

Anatoly

1)Put all project files into inetpub/wwwroot directory
2)From IIS manager create new virtual points to this directory

Now try to open project.

gabriel

You know that "localhost" makes each machine point to itself, no? If you
create a project on "localhost" in machine A, then try to open it on
machine B, then machine B has to _not_ use "localhost" otherwise it is
looking at itself (where the project does not exist).

So, from machine B, don't use "localhost" use the IP or name of machine A.

If you still have problems, then it is a permissions issue, but using
"localhost" on both machines is definitely a problem.