i have an query regarding pyodbc

Rahul

hello all,

I have installed pyodbc on my red hat enterprise 4 linux machine but
when i go to use that using statement,

import pyodbc

through python console it gives me error as

ImportError : dynamic module does not define init function
(initpyodbc)

and when i do 'nm pyodbc.so' command i get output as

[root@dbserver site-packages]# nm pyodbc.so 00001600 A __bss_start
000003ec t call_gmon_start 00001600 b completed.1 000014fc d
__CTOR_END__
000014f8 d __CTOR_LIST__
w __cxa_finalize@@GLIBC_2.1.3
000004a8 t __do_global_ctors_aux
00000410 t __do_global_dtors_aux
000015f8 d __dso_handle
00001504 d __DTOR_END__
00001500 d __DTOR_LIST__
0000150c A _DYNAMIC
00001600 A _edata
00001604 A _end
000004d8 T _fini
0000046c t frame_dummy
000004f4 r __FRAME_END__
000015e8 A _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
w __gmon_start__
000003b4 T _init
00001508 d __JCR_END__
00001508 d __JCR_LIST__
w _Jv_RegisterClasses
000015fc d p.0

which means there is no init function.

So what might be the cause for that?

I have build that pyodbc twice.
Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Rahul

[...]

this problem was due to not proper building of pyodbc

[...]

Now my problem was,
i have two versions of python installed at different locations but
when i use import statement from psp pages
it displays the error as
ImportError : dynamic module does not define init function(initpyodbc)

this error was due to pointing to older version of python.

So, i want to know how to point my import statements to the new
version of python.

Thanks & regards
Rahul

Diez B. Roggisch

Rahul said:
[...]

The problem are not the imports, the problem is the used interpreter.
How is PSP integrated into your webserver?

Diez