I have to finish this code for my assignment but I cant figure out how to solve it

Joined
Jun 27, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
import random

WORDLIST_FILENAME = "words.txt"

def loadWords():
"""
Returns a list of valid words. Words are strings of lowercase letters.

Depending on the size of the word list, this function may
take a while to finish.
"""
print("Loading word list from file...")
# inFile: file
inFile = open(WORDLIST_FILENAME, 'r')
# line: string
line = inFile.readline()
# wordlist: list of strings
wordlist = line.split()
print(" ", len(wordlist), "words loaded.")
return wordlist

def chooseWord(wordlist):
"""
wordlist (list): list of words (strings)

Returns a word from wordlist at random
"""
return random.choice(wordlist)

# end of helper code
# -----------------------------------

# Load the list of words into the variable wordlist
# so that it can be accessed from anywhere in the program
wordlist = loadWords()

def isWordGuessed(secretWord, lettersGuessed):
'''
secretWord: string, the word the user is guessing
lettersGuessed: list, what letters have been guessed so far
returns: boolean, True if all the letters of secretWord are in lettersGuessed;
False otherwise
'''

def getGuessedWord(secretWord, lettersGuessed):
'''
secretWord: string, the word the user is guessing
lettersGuessed: list, what letters have been guessed so far
returns: string, comprised of letters and underscores that represents
what letters in secretWord have been guessed so far.
'''

def getAvailableLetters(lettersGuessed):
'''
lettersGuessed: list, what letters have been guessed so far
returns: string, comprised of letters that represents what letters have not
yet been guessed.
'''

def hangman(secretWord):
'''
secretWord: string, the secret word to guess.

Starts up an interactive game of Hangman.

* At the start of the game, let the user know how many
letters the secretWord contains.

* Ask the user to supply one guess (i.e. letter) per round.

* The user should receive feedback immediately after each guess
about whether their guess appears in the computers word.

* After each round, you should also display to the user the
partially guessed word so far, as well as letters that the
user has not yet guessed.

Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
366
Reaction score
41
Check the website: google in the search engine enter e.g. the phrase: how to write hangman in python