I leave the room for five minutes and there are 70 new articles?!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Oliver Klozov, Aug 19, 2012.

  1. From: "Oliver Klozov" <oliver.klozov@1:261/38.remove-v8v-this>

    From: Oliver Klozov <>

    I leave the room for five minutes and there are 70 new articles?!

    In FIVE MINUTES?!

    I fetched new headers, marked most of about 20 articles (in the past 12 hours
    or so) read and actually read a handful, went to get coffee, came back, fetched
    headers again, and 70 new articles?!

    What the ****.

    Get lives, you people!

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Oliver Klozov, Aug 19, 2012

  2. Oliver Klozov

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    To: Oliver Klozov
    From: "Arne Vajhoj" <arne.vajhoj@1:261/38.remove-v8v-this>

    To: Oliver Klozov
    From: Arne Vajhoj <>

    On 8/18/2012 3:48 PM, Oliver Klozov wrote:
    > I leave the room for five minutes and there are 70 new articles?!
    >
    > In FIVE MINUTES?!
    >
    > I fetched new headers, marked most of about 20 articles (in the past 12
    > hours or so) read and actually read a handful, went to get coffee, came
    > back, fetched headers again, and 70 new articles?!
    >
    > What the ****.
    >
    > Get lives, you people!

    There is a spambot that is duplicating old messages.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 19, 2012

  3. Oliver Klozov

    markspace Guest

    To: Arne Vajhøj
    From: "markspace" <markspace@1:261/38.remove-v8v-this>

    To: Arne Vajhoj
    From: markspace <-@.>

    On 8/18/2012 1:24 PM, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    > On 8/18/2012 3:48 PM, Oliver Klozov wrote:
    >> I leave the room for five minutes and there are 70 new articles?!
    >>
    >> In FIVE MINUTES?!
    >>
    >> I fetched new headers, marked most of about 20 articles (in the past 12
    >> hours or so) read and actually read a handful, went to get coffee, came
    >> back, fetched headers again, and 70 new articles?!
    >>
    >> What the ****.
    >>
    >> Get lives, you people!

    > There is a spambot that is duplicating old messages.

    While I've seen some spam over the last few weeks, I've seen very little
    lately. I think Eternal-September is doing a good job filtering most of it
    out.

    markspace, Aug 19, 2012
  4. To: Oliver Klozov
    From: "Jukka Lahtinen" <jukka.lahtinen@1:261/38.remove-v8v-this>

    To: Oliver Klozov
    From: Jukka Lahtinen <>

    Oliver Klozov <> writes:

    > I leave the room for five minutes and there are 70 new articles?!

    ...and obviously that wasn't enough for you, since you added another one
    :)

    --
    Jukka Lahtinen

    Jukka Lahtinen, Aug 19, 2012
  5. To: markspace
    From: "Knute Johnson" <knute.johnson@1:261/38.remove-v8v-this>

    To: markspace
    From: Knute Johnson <>

    On 8/18/2012 3:38 PM, markspace wrote:
    > On 8/18/2012 1:24 PM, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    >> On 8/18/2012 3:48 PM, Oliver Klozov wrote:
    >>> I leave the room for five minutes and there are 70 new articles?!
    >>>
    >>> In FIVE MINUTES?!
    >>>
    >>> I fetched new headers, marked most of about 20 articles (in the past 12
    >>> hours or so) read and actually read a handful, went to get coffee, came
    >>> back, fetched headers again, and 70 new articles?!
    >>>
    >>> What the ****.
    >>>
    >>> Get lives, you people!

    >> There is a spambot that is duplicating old messages.

    > While I've seen some spam over the last few weeks, I've seen very little
    > lately. I think Eternal-September is doing a good job filtering most of
    > it out.

    I'm not seeing any of the duplicates on ES.

    --

    Knute Johnson

    Knute Johnson, Aug 19, 2012
  6. On 19/08/2012 3:14 PM, Oliver Klozov wrote:
    [snip]

    I didn't post more than one copy of this. Someone else is posting extra
    copies of my article and pretending to be me! Trying to make me look
    like a spammer I guess. Whoever it is can **** off!
    Oliver Klozov, Aug 20, 2012
  7. On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:35:55 -0400, Oliver Klozov
    <> wrote:

    >On 19/08/2012 3:14 PM, Oliver Klozov wrote:
    >[snip]
    >
    >I didn't post more than one copy of this. Someone else is posting extra
    >copies of my article and pretending to be me! Trying to make me look
    >like a spammer I guess. Whoever it is can **** off!

    Sometimes, there are burps and articles get duplicated. Or maybe
    it is that article duplication that others are mentioning (which I do
    not see for whatever reason). You do not look like a spammer, but you
    do look like you are less polite than you could be. Please lighten
    up.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko
    Gene Wirchenko, Aug 21, 2012