I need Cryptogrphy in Python please .

NicolasG

Looking around for a Cryptography tool kit, the best recommendations I
found about was for pyCrypto. I try to install it unsuccessfully in my
windowsXP SP2 with python 2.4.3 and I get the following message :
C:\Python24\pycrypto-2.0.1>python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before building
extensions f
or Python.

I have installed .NET framework latest release.
Unfortunately the pyCrypto project looks abandoned , I couldn't find an
active mailing list and the last release are a couple of year old.

Can some one guide me how to fix the problem above or point me to
another Cyrptography library that I can use easily ?

Thanks.

Paul Rubin

NicolasG said:
Can some one guide me how to fix the problem above or point me to
another Cyrptography library that I can use easily ?

There are several. What do you want to do with it?

MonkeeSage

NicolasG

I have made a site using Karrigell as a web server and I want to
provide cryptography services to the visitors. They should wirte their
text on the site and be able choose different encryption algorithms to
apply on the text .
The SDK is different from the framework. ;)

How can I fix this ?

I need the modules source to use it with my web server.
Ps. The project still looks active to me, and has an active mailing
list:
http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto.html

The last messages in the mailing list was on august (only one message)
and the author does said that he does not reply to the this list , he
point if anyone have an issue to use the bug trucker at sourceforge
which looks not helpful ...

cheers..

Paul Rubin

NicolasG said:
I have made a site using Karrigell as a web server and I want to
provide cryptography services to the visitors. They should wirte their
text on the site and be able choose different encryption algorithms to
apply on the text .

Um, why? Just as an exercise? If that's the case, you might enjoy
implementing the algorithms in Python. They'd be slow but that might
not matter.

MonkeeSage

NicolasG said:
I need the modules source to use it with my web server.

I thought you were trying to compile and install the pyCrypto
extension? If that is the case, then download the installer from the
page I linked to.

Regards,
Jordan

hg

NicolasG said:
Looking around for a Cryptography tool kit, the best recommendations I
found about was for pyCrypto. I try to install it unsuccessfully in my
windowsXP SP2 with python 2.4.3 and I get the following message :
C:\Python24\pycrypto-2.0.1>python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before building
extensions f
or Python.

I have installed .NET framework latest release.
Unfortunately the pyCrypto project looks abandoned , I couldn't find an
active mailing list and the last release are a couple of year old.

Can some one guide me how to fix the problem above or point me to
another Cyrptography library that I can use easily ?

Thanks.

I use pycrypto under *nix and Windows. Under windows, I compile it with
VC++ 2003 without any problem.

hg