I need help with email and ASP.NET 1.1

Guest

I need help with a request that I have received. I have been asked to open up
a new email message, populate all of the appropriate fields, add an
attachment but I don't want to send the email.

I need to just open the new email. The user wants to add recipients before
it is sent.

I have tried to do this using System.Web.Mail but it will only send the email.

I have tried to use href=mailto but I can not add attachments.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
enak

Nathan Sokalski

I think the best way to do what you want would be to use the
System.Web.Mail.MailMessage class.

Guest

Maybe I did not explain what I need good enough. Let me try it again.

I need to pop up a new email message, populate the To, From, Subject, Body,
and add an attachment. I want to display the new message to the user so that
they can make any changes that they feel necessary.

Then the user will click the Send button and Outlook takes over from there.

Mark Rae

Maybe I did not explain what I need good enough. Let me try it again.

I need to pop up a new email message, populate the To, From, Subject,
Body,
and add an attachment. I want to display the new message to the user so
that
they can make any changes that they feel necessary.

So what's the problem exactly...?

1) Create a web form called, er, how about "mail.aspx"

2) Add some text boxes for the To, From, Subject and Body fields

3) Add a button called "Send"

4) In the Page_Load, populate your initial values in the various boxes, and
specify the fully-qualified filespec of the attachment(s) you want to add.
This allows the user to make any necessary changes.

5) Behind the Send button, wire up an OnClick event which takes the contents
of the various boxes, creates a new MailMessage object, populates its
various properties as required, and then sends the message.
Then the user will click the Send button and Outlook takes over from
there.

Outlook? Why?

To see an example of this working, do the following:

1) http://www.sanctuaryrig.co.uk

2) Enter the site

3) On the menu, select Band, then Mark

4) Click "contact"

5) Fill in the boxes, and my "alter ego" will reply, as he's not gigging
tonight...:)