I need to know a good book

muralidharan

hi guys,
Iam involved in a project where I need to emulate unix in a web
browser so that it takes commands and interacts with an GUI shown in
the side and works it real time. I need to know how you do this in
java. Books with ISBN's are welcome... I will be ready to buy the book
and learn these stuff as I need to know them ASAP.
Thanks in advance,
Murali

Jon A. Cruz

muralidharan said:
hi guys,
Iam involved in a project where I need to emulate unix in a web
browser so that it takes commands and interacts with an GUI shown in
the side and works it real time.

What do you mean by "emulate unix in a web browser"?

For some interpretations of that, this applet can be appropriate:
http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/

Chris Lowth

muralidharan said:
hi guys,
Iam involved in a project where I need to emulate unix in a web
browser so that it takes commands and interacts with an GUI shown in
the side and works it real time. I need to know how you do this in
java. Books with ISBN's are welcome... I will be ready to buy the book
and learn these stuff as I need to know them ASAP.
Thanks in advance,
Murali

For a list of Amazon's "top sellers" on Java, take a look at..

http://www.lowth.com/books/topic/java

Chris