    disappointed, but
    regards nonetheless...
    L.

    NKOBAYE027, Feb 23, 2004

  2. "NKOBAYE027" <> wrote
    > do whatever it was i must have done to illicit a groupwide ignore of my
    > posts ever again...ever...now can anyone tell me what it was that i did to
    > begin with?? :eek:) i've posted three times asking for advice in the past week
    > or so and nary a reply from any of the experts, not-so-experts or
    > well-meaning newbies...*shudder* I thought it was cold here in Ottawa, but
    > you people are giving me chills despite the amount I pay for heating!!!

    I don't see your original question anywhere and you didn't ask it again, so I
    can only offer guesses as to why no one replied:

    - maybe your messages never made it into the newsgroup
    - maybe someone replied, but your news server somehow missed it
    - maybe someone replied, but you were expecting an e-mail instead of retrieving
    the reply from the newsgroup
    - the question may have been off-topic
    - it's possible that no one was interested in the specific topic of the question
    (people address topics that are of interest to them)
    - it's remotely possible that no one had an answer to your question (would you
    want thousands of "I don't know" flooding the newsgroup?)
    - maybe the tone of the original message didn't make answering it inviting (the
    tone of this latest message makes it sound as if we owe you an answer, which,
    unless you pay us, we don't)

    I'm sure there are dozens of other possibilities. I suggest you re-post your
    question and maybe someone will spend time that belongs to them to give you free
    assistance. But maybe not.

    Claudio Puviani

    Claudio Puviani, Feb 23, 2004

  3. > I don't see your original question anywhere and you didn't ask it again,
    so I
    > can only offer guesses as to why no one replied:

    I didn't see it either (assuming it was under the name NKOBAYE027)

    john

    John Harrison, Feb 23, 2004
  4. NKOBAYE027

    NKOBAYE027 Guest

    All from the same address, yes...and I didn't repost because most groups
    don't appreciate it - you can find them either by sorting your msg's by date
    and checking most recent, or by searching for this address...I can see them
    all in my group msg window, so they must be visible to you as well. If I
    don't get any replies to them I will repost the most recent/relevent to my
    needs later this week. Anyway, glad to see that at least my bitching can be
    seen :eek:) Thanks for the response guys.

    regards,
    L.

    NKOBAYE027, Feb 23, 2004
  5. "NKOBAYE027" <> wrote in message
    > All from the same address, yes...and I didn't repost because most groups
    > don't appreciate it - you can find them either by sorting your msg's by

    date
    > and checking most recent, or by searching for this address...I can see

    them
    > all in my group msg window, so they must be visible to you as well.

    That's not true, we are probably viewing different news servers, and your
    message may not have propagated to my server yet. Who knows it may never do,
    things don't always work the way they are supposed to. I would report, with
    an apology for anyone who might be viewing it twice. At least two people
    have not seen it.

    john

    John Harrison, Feb 23, 2004
  6. * "NKOBAYE027" <> schriebt:
    > All from the same address, yes...and I didn't repost because most groups

    Don't top-post.

    Don't top-post.

    Don't top-post.

    > don't appreciate it - you can find them either by sorting your msg's by date
    > and checking most recent, or by searching for this address...I can see them
    > all in my group msg window, so they must be visible to you as well.

    Give a Google groups reference to the message(s), then.

    <url: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=NKOBAYE027>

    In all four articles listed you have top-posted, you moron you.

    Alf P. Steinbach, Feb 23, 2004
  7. NKOBAYE027 wrote:
    > All from the same address, yes...and I didn't repost because most groups
    > don't appreciate it - you can find them either by sorting your msg's by date
    > and checking most recent, or by searching for this address...I can see them
    > all in my group msg window, so they must be visible to you as well. If I
    > don't get any replies to them I will repost the most recent/relevent to my
    > needs later this week. Anyway, glad to see that at least my bitching can be
    > seen :eek:) Thanks for the response guys.
    >
    > regards,
    > L.

    I don't see any posts (other than this thread) in my newsreader from
    NKOBAYE027, so if I were to venture an educated guess, it would be that
    your posting for one reason or another ended up only on your news
    server. That has occasionally happened to me, and I don't know why.
    But I would suggest reposting.

    (More information: The oldest post in my newsreader for this group is
    dated 2004.02.16.)

    Adam H. Peterson

    Adam H. Peterson, Feb 23, 2004
  8. NKOBAYE027

    NKOBAYE027 Guest

    now Alf - are you bit low on your blood sugar? I may be inexperienced with
    newsgroups and such, but I hardly think that qualifies me as moronic. Go
    have yourself a cat and get those glucose levels back to normal.

    Those posts you mention - I'm not certain - I may have top-posted since I
    was trying to get the hang of using the program. (Note the dates were
    beginning of the month and end of january, so that was my first exp. using
    this program for posting.) I think I do have the hang of it now,
    however...so thanks for your kindly tantrum :eek:) and my apologoes to the
    group for the misfires.

    I don't understand how/why my other were ignored by the server, but I'll
    repost the most recent two as the last is less of an issue now.

    Thanks again for your responses and advice...

    regards,
    L.

    PS: ya want some ketchup with your cat, Alf?

    NKOBAYE027, Feb 23, 2004
  9. NKOBAYE027

    nog Guest

    In article <Wrr_b.120110$02u1.76280
    @twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>, NKOBAYE027
    @Rogers.Com says...
    > do whatever it was i must have done to illicit a groupwide ignore of my
    > posts ever again...ever...now can anyone tell me what it was that i did to
    > begin with?? :eek:) i've posted three times asking for advice in the past week
    > or so and nary a reply from any of the experts, not-so-experts or
    > well-meaning newbies...*shudder* I thought it was cold here in Ottawa, but
    > you people are giving me chills despite the amount I pay for heating!!!

    My message base goes back to the 16th and there's nothing
    from you. :-(

    nog, Feb 23, 2004
  10. Re:

    NKOBAYE027 wrote:

    > I promise not to do whatever it was I must have done
    > to illicit a groupwide ignore of my posts ever again -- ever.
    > Now, can anyone tell me what it was that I did to begin with? :eek:)
    >
    > I've posted three times asking for advice in the past week or so

    I count one (expired) article and five (expired) responses
    to other articles on my news server
    and four responses on the Google Groups archive:

    http://groups.google.com/

    > and nary a reply from any of the experts, not-so-experts or
    > well-meaning newbies...*shudder*
    > I thought it was cold here in Ottawa,
    > but you people are giving me chills
    > despite the amount I pay for heating!

    You got plenty of response (and good advice) to your

    Design Patterns Advice And Resources

    off-topic troll.
    I don't think that you have grounds to complain.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Feb 23, 2004
  11. "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote in message

    > In all four articles listed you have top-posted, you moron you.

    This is a bit strong. I sometime bottom-post in groups where
    top-posting is the norm, and I'm no moron -- just an idiot.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Turkanis, Feb 23, 2004
  12. NKOBAYE027

    bartek Guest

    "Jonathan Turkanis" <> wrote in news:c1dovb
    $1gh9m0$-berlin.de:

    > "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> In all four articles listed you have top-posted, you moron you.

    > This is a bit strong. I sometime bottom-post in groups where
    > top-posting is the norm, and I'm no moron -- just an idiot.

    Wow, this thread has had absolutely NO C++ in it whatsoever, until now...

    #include <iostream>

    class Stupid
    {
    public:
    void SayWhat() const
    { std::cout << "I'm stupid!" << std::endl; }
    };

    bartek, Feb 23, 2004
  13. Troll Alert: i promise not to...

    NKOBAYE027 wrote:

    > now Alf - are you bit low on your blood sugar?
    > I may be inexperienced with newsgroups and such,
    > but I hardly think that qualifies me as moronic.
    > Go have yourself a cat and get those glucose levels back to normal.

    Billy goat.
    Alf is a troll and everybody knows that
    trolls prefer to snack on billy goats [Gruff]:

    http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type0122e.html

    meaning new subscribers. If you decide
    to continue your subscription to the comp.lang.c++ newsgroup,
    you will learn to recognize and ignore our indigenous trolls.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Feb 23, 2004
  14. bartek wrote:

    > Wow, this thread has had absolutely NO C++ in it whatsoever, until now...
    >
    > #include <iostream>
    >
    > class Stupid {
    > public:
    > void SayWhat(void) const {
    > std::cerr << "I'm stupid!" << std::endl; }
    > };

    Note: Output to standard error and *not* standard output!

    E. Robert Tisdale, Feb 23, 2004
  15. "NKOBAYE027" <> wrote in message
    > All from the same address, yes...and I didn't repost because most groups
    > don't appreciate it - you can find them either by sorting your msg's by

    date
    > and checking most recent, or by searching for this address...I can see

    them
    > all in my group msg window, so they must be visible to you as well. If I

    Not at all.
    It can sometimes take days for a particular message to propagate to all the
    servers.
    Sometimes messages get dropped.

    Dennis

    Dennis \(Icarus\), Feb 24, 2004