i want to play mp3 for infinite time

Discussion in 'Java' started by chetan1991@gmail.com, May 6, 2012.

  1. Guest

    Hello All,
    I am Chetan Joshi,
    IBAB, Bangalore.

    I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
    help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

    i use netBeans to run this program.
    import javax.media.*;
    import java.io.*;
    import java.net.URL;

    public class playmp3
    {
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    mp3 t = new mp3("file:///C://JavaApplications//cd.mp3");
    t.start();
    /* i have tried to run this, but it player my mp3 file for once only. Hence i commented this
    try
    {
    while(TRUE)
    if(t.isAlive())
    {t.join();}
    else
    {
    t.join();
    catch(Exception e){}*/

    class mp3 extends Thread
    {
    private URL url; // Uniform Resource locater - helps in path
    private MediaLocator mediaLocator; // related to URL -helps in creatinh play list

    private Player playMP3; // interface
    public mp3(String mp3)
    {
    try
    {
    this.url = new URL(mp3);
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {
    System.out.println(e.getMessage());
    public void run()
    {
    try
    {
    mediaLocator = new MediaLocator(url);
    playMP3 = Manager.createPlayer(mediaLocator);
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {
    System.out.println(e.getMessage());
    }

    playMP3.addControllerListener(new ControllerListener()
    {
    public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
    {
    if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
    {
    playMP3.stop();
    playMP3.close();

    );

    playMP3.realize();
    playMP3.start();

    /**

    MediaLocater:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...f/2.1.1/apidocs/javax/media/MediaLocator.html
    Player
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...dia/jmf/2.1.1/apidocs/javax/media/Player.html

    Controller
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...ollerListener(javax.media.ControllerListener)

    Interface clock
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01...mf/2.1.1/apidocs/javax/media/Clock.html#RESET

    About instanceof
    if (objectReference instanceof type)

    EndOfMedia
    http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/apis/jsr927/javax/media/EndOfMediaEvent.html

    */
    , May 6, 2012

  2. Gavino Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
    > help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

    > public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
    > {
    > if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
    > {
    > playMP3.stop();
    > playMP3.close();

    Instead of closing the player, you should do this:
    playMP3.setMediaTime(new Time(0));
    playMP3.start();
    Gavino, May 6, 2012

  3. On 5/6/2012 9:00 PM, Lew wrote:
    > Gavino wrote:
    >> chetan1991 wrote ...
    >>> I want to play my mp3 file for infinite times,
    >>> help me to play this for infinite time in loop.

    >>> public void controllerUpdate(ControllerEvent e)
    >>> {
    >>> if (e instanceof EndOfMediaEvent)
    >>> {
    >>> playMP3.stop();
    >>> playMP3.close();

    >> Instead of closing the player, you should do this:
    >> playMP3.setMediaTime(new Time(0));
    >> playMP3.start();

    > Also, follow the Java naming and source indentation conventions.
    >
    > <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconv-138413.html>

    He's going to need the Java MP3 plugin and I can't find it on Oracle's
    website. Any idea where it is now? I've still got a copy and it works
    fine for MPEG2 layer 3 audio files even for JavaSound.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    Knute Johnson, May 7, 2012
  4. Gavino Guest

    "Knute Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > He's going to need the Java MP3 plugin and I can't find it on Oracle's
    > website. Any idea where it is now?

    I imagine he's got it since he said he was able to play the file once
    (ie without looping).

    Anyway, it can be found at:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/download-137625.html
    Gavino, May 7, 2012
  5. On 5/7/2012 10:36 AM, Gavino wrote:
    > "Knute Johnson"<> wrote in message
    >> He's going to need the Java MP3 plugin and I can't find it on Oracle's
    >> website. Any idea where it is now?

    > I imagine he's got it since he said he was able to play the file once
    > (ie without looping).
    >
    > Anyway, it can be found at:
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/download-137625.html

    It's not actually there. That page takes you to another that has JMF
    and JAI but no MP3 plugin.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    Knute Johnson, May 8, 2012