I was sold by Ruby

ngoc

Something to share with you (ladys and guys). My boss want me to compare
data from two sources for oil busisness. As our routine, I write it in
perl. But the output is wrong. So I think it must be wrong with logic or
bug in perl. I convinced my boss to write the same program in Ruby(He
really do not like to try new thing). The output is still wrong (same as
perl output). So there is not perl bug, but my logic is wrong. Later, I
found out what is wrong in my logic. And what I recognise my Ruby
program is much shorter and beautier than my perl program. A further
analysis, I see Ruby's beauty is its object oriented design. So I was
sold to Ruby. Good Work ladys and guys!

why the lucky stiff

ngoc said:
And what I recognise my Ruby program is much shorter and beautier than
my perl program. A further analysis, I see Ruby's beauty is its object
oriented design. So I was sold to Ruby. Good Work ladys and guys!

Hey, that's great. May your enjoyment continue.

Today I clipped one of my toenails and it sailed across the room and
landed perfectly in a cup up on top of a bookcase. It made me happy
just like you are happy. Sounds like lots of great things are happening
everywhere.

_why

Brian Schröder

Hey, that's great. May your enjoyment continue.

Today I clipped one of my toenails and it sailed across the room and
landed perfectly in a cup up on top of a bookcase. It made me happy
just like you are happy. Sounds like lots of great things are happening
everywhere.

_why

Don't worry if this sounds strange. _why is our local weird genious.

Anyhow welcome on board and happy rubying.

cheers,

Brian

Christophe Grandsire

Selon why the lucky stiff :
Hey, that's great. May your enjoyment continue.

Today I clipped one of my toenails and it sailed across the room and
landed perfectly in a cup up on top of a bookcase. It made me happy
just like you are happy. Sounds like lots of great things are happening
everywhere.

ngoc, don't take it personally, _why is always like that ;) .

However the comparison isn't that bad. When I first came across Ruby, it
was as if everything went suddenly into place perfectly. I thought to
myself: "of course! *that's* how it should be!". Since then learning
Ruby has been more like discovering how my brains natively work rather
than learning a separate language. It can make so much sense it's freaky!

Could it be that matz is actually channeling us all at the same time? Or
maybe *we* are channeling him all at the same time ;) ...
--
Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

Stefan Schmiedl

Could it be that matz is actually channeling us all at the same time? Or
maybe *we* are channeling him all at the same time ;) ...

read "babel-17", one of matz' favourites, IIRC.
ISBN 0375706690 for example.

s.

Christophe Grandsire

Selon Stefan Schmiedl said:
read "babel-17", one of matz' favourites, IIRC.
ISBN 0375706690 for example.

You'd think that as a conlanger I would have already read it ;) . But str=
angely
enough I didn't know it existed. Thanks for the advice though, I'll surel=
y try
and find it (don't tell me "Amazon", I can't pay by Internet, but I have =
bookstore in the neighbourhood that has to have it).
--
Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

It takes a straight mind to create a twisted conlang.

Robert Klemme

ngoc said:
Something to share with you (ladys and guys). My boss want me to
compare data from two sources for oil busisness. As our routine, I
write it in perl. But the output is wrong. So I think it must be
wrong with logic or bug in perl. I convinced my boss to write the
same program in Ruby(He really do not like to try new thing). The
output is still wrong (same as perl output). So there is not perl
bug, but my logic is wrong. Later, I found out what is wrong in my
logic. And what I recognise my Ruby program is much shorter and
beautier than my perl program. A further analysis, I see Ruby's
beauty is its object oriented design. So I was sold to Ruby. Good
Work ladys and guys!

Great stuff! What about your boss - was he sold, too?

Cheers

robert