ICallbackEventHandler Q????

JimGreen

I recently installed Release Candidate of VS2005 and I am not sure what
the hell is the problem but ICallbackEventHandler definition on my
machine looks like this:

public interface ICallbackEventHandler
{
string GetCallbackResult();
void RaiseCallbackEvent(string eventArgument);
}

If you notice that RaiseCallbackEvent() is NOT returning string as is
explained by all the articles on the web.

What am I missing? All articles on client callback feature in ASp.net
2.0 show the RaiseCallBackevent returns 'string'

Any thoughts???

mfurnari

I ran into this same thing. It looks like Microsoft changed the way
things work and forgot to update the documentation. Now, instead of

string RaiseCallbackEvent(string eventArgument)
{
return "result";
}

You need to do things in two steps

protected string strResult;

void RaiseCallbackEvent(string eventArgument)
{
strResult = "result";
}

string GetCallbackResult()
{
return strResult;
}

I'm not sure why they made the change. I may provide additional
flexibility. But, if you're working with RC1 or above this is the new
way.

Matt Furnari