ideas for a GUI

Spitfire

Mark Space

Spitfire said:

How do I design a window such as the Firefox's Download window? Each entry
having an image to represent the concerned item, a progress bar to indicate
download time or some other metric, and buttons to cancel or pause the
activity? Any ideas or references would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, that download box is a JScrollPane with 0 or more
JPanel's. Each JPanel has the objects for one download -- icon, status,
progress bar, etc. When you remove a download ("Clear" button) you just
delete the JPanel. You can arrange the JPanels with a vertical
BoxLayout (I think that's the one, didn't look).