IDLE path browser not recognizing my PYTHONPATH

Brisingman

Hi,

I set PYTHONPATH to /home/me/bin in bash.bashrc, however the IDLE path
browser is not recognizing this. Not sure why.

Grateful for any insight.

Best

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

I set PYTHONPATH to /home/me/bin in bash.bashrc, however the IDLE path
browser is not recognizing this. Not sure why.

Grateful for any insight.

The file "bash.bashrc" has no relevance. If you meant to set the
variable every time you start bash, put it into ".bashrc", in your
home directory. If that still doesn't work, type "env" before starting
idle, and inspect its output.

Regards,
Martin

Zentrader

The file "bash.bashrc" has no relevance. If you meant to set the
variable every time you start bash, put it into ".bashrc", in your
home directory. If that still doesn't work, type "env" before starting
idle, and inspect its output.

Regards,
Martin

You also have to export, so to add to your existing PYTHONPATH, you
would add something like this to ~/.bashrc
export PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH}:/home/me/bin/"