    Python 2.2.*.

    Regards,

    Otto Hyvärinen
    Otto T Hyvarinen, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Otto T Hyvarinen

    Rene Pijlman Guest

    Otto T Hyvarinen:
    >We have this big Python program, developed by another institute, that
    >uses C extensions a lot. One of those C methods does the segmentation
    >fault when run from the command line, but _not_ when run from the IDLE.
    >This is quite strange.

    Shit happens. When a program is correct, it will work. But when a program
    is incorrect, there is no guarantee that it will fail.

    >What is different when a program is run in IDLE? Or is there no
    >difference and our case is just a fluke? Or should I update my Python
    >knowledge (and how)?

    You should probably debug the C extensions.

    --
    René Pijlman
    Rene Pijlman, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Otto T Hyvarinen wrote:

    > uses C extensions a lot. One of those C methods does the segmentation
    > fault when run from the command line, but _not_ when run from the IDLE.
    > This is quite strange.

    The various ways in which memory corruption manifests itself in
    C programs sometime appear to be governed by mysterious
    powers, a higher authority or simply IDLE.

    Istvan.
    Istvan Albert, Sep 15, 2004