IE 6 HTML rendering anomaly?

Jonathan Amend

Here's the example. It's self-explanatory (I hope):

there is some text that should be white instead of black underneath this
line

Does anyone know if this is a bug in IE or if I just missed something? And
if it's a bug, how can I work around it? (Note: the empty span must be there
thanks to ASP.NET creating empty spans for empty labels.)

Jonathan Amend

Yes, the empty span must be there because there is a label right underneath
some normal text (the text that doesn't show) in the aspx file. When the
label has no text assigned to it then it translates into an empty