IE cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted

Mika

Bone Ur said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:48:52
GMT Mika scribed:

Yeah, right.

First of all, this proves Ryan Grant's solution is correct how? Because
it works for you? Apparently it didn't work for "rf", the first poster
in the blurb.

Second, did you even try the "advanced fix" instead of the "simple fix"?
The former, all of about 6 lines, is valid as opposed to the latter.

The advanced fix is not compatible with our code. The simple fix is.
Didn't the poster above say "KISS"? Keep it simple, stupid. It works, so
why make it compex and break our code? That is not logical.
You've solved zilch. You only buried the problem and obfuscated the
issue. Ergo, considering the obtuseness of your obstinacy, we are going
off to tell Brit jokes for our mutual amusement.

Racist and angry. Good luck to you.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:24:32
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Bordering on arrogance, in fact. :)

Oh, like a Google grouper?
Shark. Eat a few at a time. Hee hee.

Um, I see your point
Now long is that in shark years?

Once you're achieved perfection there is no evolutionary pressure in
the scheme of natural selection to send the species off in new
directions.

Yes, sharks are called "the perfect eating machine". But what else do
they do that's interesting? I would hardly say that spending a life just
swimming and eating equates to having achieved perfection on any
reasonable scale in the universe as a whole.
Humans evolved faster because they had more to imrove on and less time
to do it. Eventually, they may reach the evolutionary perfection that
sharks have. Well, probably not -- sharks have avoided the unwanted
capability to blow themselves up in massive quantities.

Humans had more to improve on because they had more potential to begin
with. The conclusion is unavoidable: sharks are an evolutionary cul-de-
sac who persist only because of the vastness of their preferred
environment. Such a predator dwelling on land would surely have been
eliminated long ago by the stupidest humans you can imagine (barring your
reflections on some of the posters here).
One of the essences of sharkness is the beauty of sleekness and
balance.

Simple symmetry and simple mentality. Whoopee twang.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:25:51 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:
Bone said:
Kukla, Fran, & Ollie

I remember watching them. [sounds of cartilage creaking]

You didn't eat Ollie, did you?

(You're showing your age...)

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:00:17
GMT dorayme scribed:
Funny how you, an earthling, so little understand human
psychology, pride, investment and the general notion of theory
building. No one reasonably competent, if handed the job of
fulfilling some of the basic aims of the OP would start with what
he has.

So far we agree. But there are 3 of them. Are they all incompetent?
Nearly every site that comes up here would be built from
the ground up by a well versed author. That does not mean that
that is what you can expect - or demand stridently - of an
innocent wanderer into these alleys. It does not mean you should
be mugging them if they don't throw out the lot and start again.

So you equate "mugging" with expressing an honest opinion. Would it be
preferable if I lied, even a little bit, just to keep junior from whining
for mommy? I may have been blunt and forthright, but I wasn't abusive
and didn't resort to name-calling like some people we know...
If he says the site has been working successfully for over a
year, then sure, you can challenge that, and if you succeed to
sow doubts, that will start to move him. But charging at him like
a bull is not going to work. It never really does. You are too
star struck by the "bitter salt" theory of being honest with a
student or client. Honesty and straight talking is a simple
minded single string bow in the educational game. It is no magic
bullet. Stop getting all thingy when these bullets you fire
bounce off.

Well, I just might try to "stop getting all thingy" if I knew what
"thingy" was. Nevertheless, if an ingenue cannot tolerate honesty, I can
hardly feel sorry for him.
It is simply wrong that a site cannot be rebuilt over time in a
considerably inefficient manner. And you will never see that this
inefficiency has some great advantages for those people who would
learn things slowly over a period of time in a project that is
already sailing at sea. You are demanding the ship be sunk or be
dry docked and completely rebuilt, and few merchant ship owners
will come at that.

The site should be rebuilt, yes, but I wasn't demanding it. What I was
"demanding" was valid code in the form of not putting something outside
the body tag. _That_ was the "demand", so to speak, and I remain
righteously adamant in reiterating it.

As a side note, I think you were more fun when you were dingbatty. Now
your posts make me yawn alot and daydream about the sweet potato farm in
Kuala Lumpur.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:54:47
GMT Mika scribed:
Racist and angry. Good luck to you.

Actually, Saxon Brits are immigrated German stock. Norman Brits derived
from France. Now mix Kraut and Frog together and you've got a puree which
smells bad, tastes worse, and will have you shitting in your pants while
you croak if you don't hop to it.

Blinky the Shark

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:24:32
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Oh, like a Google grouper?

Groupers <spit> are just clueless.

Ow. That hurt. I think sharks aren't supposed to spit.
Um, I see your point

Meant "How", of course. You try typing with fins. Remember, we're
optimized for swimming.
Yes, sharks are called "the perfect eating machine". But what else do
they do that's interesting? I would hardly say that spending a life just
swimming and eating equates to having achieved perfection on any
reasonable scale in the universe as a whole.

Well, we boink. That's pretty fun. And we do it in public.

Other than that: Swim to live; live to swim.
Humans had more to improve on because they had more potential to begin
with. The conclusion is unavoidable: sharks are an evolutionary cul-de-
sac who persist only because of the vastness of their preferred
environment. Such a predator dwelling on land would surely have been
eliminated long ago by the stupidest humans you can imagine (barring your
reflections on some of the posters here).

You forget one thing. Land sharks.
Simple symmetry and simple mentality. Whoopee twang.

We have an extremely low rate of mental illness, Mr. Vulnerable. ;)

Blinky the Shark

Bone said:
Kukla, Fran, & Ollie

I remember watching them. [sounds of cartilage creaking]

You didn't eat Ollie, did you?

Fran Allison was more substantial. Uh......I mean "no".
(You're showing your age...)

Not embarrassed to have just turned 60 in human years.

dorayme

Bone Ur said:
dorayme scribed:

So far we agree. But there are 3 of them. Are they all incompetent?

I love this "but" of yours. It is the sign of a masterstroke of
reasoning. If a team does something, it does not mean that they
are all responsible for the overall faults of a page. Yawn and
daydream about that - see your impudent remarks below (Officer
White has been despatched with fresh orders. There may be a
slight delay, he has a bad hangover after a Don's party for the
recent oz federal election. He is never in a good mood after
hangovers, do not provoke him. It will be bad enough for you even
if you are nice and offer him a cool iced-lemon drink).
So you equate "mugging" with expressing an honest opinion.

I can always count on you understanding the least thing.
As a side note, I think you were more fun when you were dingbatty. Now
your posts make me yawn alot and daydream about the sweet potato farm in
Kuala Lumpur.

Look, many very fair points have been made (most recently Sherm
Pendley and rf) that should alert OP of things to think seriously
about. There is nothing wrong with raising honest issues.

[The other day, the main Sydney newspaper carried a story about
Google and streetscaping. Apparently there are Google vans going
around taking pics of Sydney streets. This is not the one, but
similar to what I saw

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/04/1180809390551.html

What next! ]

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:59:30
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Groupers <spit> are just clueless.

Ow. That hurt. I think sharks aren't supposed to spit.

Probably don't have the cheeks for it. Or maybe one of the tin cans came
up.
Well, we boink. That's pretty fun. And we do it in public.

Other than that: Swim to live; live to swim.

And when you're called for the final judgment, what are you gonna say?
"I boinked and swam in oblivious malaise..."? Now that I think about it,
I've never heard anyone ever claim there were sharks in heaven. Little
wonder.
You forget one thing. Land sharks.

-An extremely rare breed with negligable impact on anything except
standup comedy.
We have an extremely low rate of mental illness, Mr. Vulnerable. ;)

Well, there aren't a lot of sick rocks in the world, either...

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:01:13
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Kukla, Fran, & Ollie

I remember watching them. [sounds of cartilage creaking]

You didn't eat Ollie, did you?

Fran Allison was more substantial. Uh......I mean "no".

More substantial how?
Not embarrassed to have just turned 60 in human years.

Nor should you be. But even if you were, you probably wouldn't notice it
due to the overwhelming embarrassment engendered by frolicking asea without
a bathing suit.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:30:19
GMT dorayme scribed:
I love this "but" of yours. It is the sign of a masterstroke of
reasoning. If a team does something, it does not mean that they
are all responsible for the overall faults of a page. Yawn and
daydream about that - see your impudent remarks below (Officer
White has been despatched with fresh orders. There may be a
slight delay, he has a bad hangover after a Don's party for the
recent oz federal election. He is never in a good mood after
hangovers, do not provoke him. It will be bad enough for you even
if you are nice and offer him a cool iced-lemon drink).

I happened to mention to a friend of mine that you loved my "but", and he
wants to know if you'll meet him in Macao?
I can always count on you understanding the least thing.

Dependability is a virtue oft overlooked in the character of many an
erudite humanitarian.
Look, many very fair points have been made (most recently Sherm
Pendley and rf) that should alert OP of things to think seriously
about. There is nothing wrong with raising honest issues.

Of course not. That's what I said. And, as we all know, I'm right.
[The other day, the main Sydney newspaper carried a story about
Google and streetscaping. Apparently there are Google vans going
around taking pics of Sydney streets. This is not the one, but
similar to what I saw

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/06/04/1180809390551.html

What next! ]

Personally, I think that kind of "photography" _is_ an invasion of
privacy. Look at it this way: what if the government was doing it?

Blinky the Shark

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:59:30
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Probably don't have the cheeks for it. Or maybe one of the tin cans came
up.

Yeah. The gills are kind of right there.

I'm gonna say --> http://blinkynet.net/images/dinner.jpg

But please note that's not me: http://blinkynet.net
http://www.tsrocks.com/d/darkthrone_texts/straightening_sharks_in_heaven.html

-An extremely rare breed with negligable impact on anything except
standup comedy.

Pop culture rules.
Well, there aren't a lot of sick rocks in the world, either...

And an island never cries.

Blinky the Shark

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:01:13
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Kukla, Fran, & Ollie

I remember watching them. [sounds of cartilage creaking]

You didn't eat Ollie, did you?

Fran Allison was more substantial. Uh......I mean "no".

More substantial how?

Much bigger; thus more filling and satisfying.
Nor should you be. But even if you were, you probably wouldn't notice it
due to the overwhelming embarrassment engendered by frolicking asea without
a bathing suit.

You're not accounting for my Speedos.

Old men in Speedos. Yikes. Man, that's got "Europe" written *all* over
it.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:15:19
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Yeah. The gills are kind of right there.

Well, gillty things do have to pay the price.
I'm gonna say --> http://blinkynet.net/images/dinner.jpg

But please note that's not me: http://blinkynet.net

Who is it, Humphrey Halibut?

Uh, yeah... That made like no sense whatsoever. Who writes such crap,
charter members of the mutual mental midgets admiration society?
Pop culture rules.

Only if Bush says so.
And an island never cries.

Who would listen?

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:21:05
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:
Kukla, Fran, & Ollie

I remember watching them. [sounds of cartilage creaking]

You didn't eat Ollie, did you?

Fran Allison was more substantial. Uh......I mean "no".

More substantial how?

Much bigger; thus more filling and satisfying.

Well, Ollie had more personality (though no tits).
You're not accounting for my Speedos.

Old men in Speedos. Yikes. Man, that's got "Europe" written *all*
over it.

Europeans have a knack for taking something profoundly mundane and making
it positively gauche.

Blinky the Shark

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:15:19
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Well, gillty things do have to pay the price.

Who is it, Humphrey Halibut?

It's who the caption says it is if you're evolved enough to read it.
Uh, yeah... That made like no sense whatsoever. Who writes such crap,
charter members of the mutual mental midgets admiration society?

Didn't make any sense to me, either. I think this is to our credit.
Only if Bush says so.

I don't do politics.
Who would listen?

Lake Erie, of course.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 04:00:06
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

It's who the caption says it is if you're evolved enough to read it.

Er, there was a caption? Well fancy that. I generally don't look around
when a shark is staring me in the face.

http://www.tsrocks.com/d/darkthrone_texts/straightening_sharks_in_heave
Didn't make any sense to me, either. I think this is to our credit.

Yup. Sure there are age differences, but that was just pig drool.
I don't do politics.

Um, what _do_ you do?
Lake Erie, of course.

Yeah but Lake Superior would tell it to shut up and behave properly.

Blinky the Shark

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 04:00:06
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

Er, there was a caption? Well fancy that. I generally don't look around
when a shark is staring me in the face.

As close as possible to the bottom of the image, in the usual caption
location. :)
Um, what _do_ you do?

Swim. Eat. Look back with satifaction on evolution. We covered that.

I certainly hope you got the "eary" pun there. I live for pun groans.
Yeah but Lake Superior would tell it to shut up and behave properly.

Speaking of superior, a Canadian buddy sent me (a USan) this a long time
ago, eh?

http://blinkynet.net/stuff/ontop.jpg