ie opera background colors

richard

What to use to force IE and Opera to take on the intended background
colors?

Neither color, nor background-color do the job.
So what else is there?
Or where to put it?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
What to use to force

You can't "force" anything on the WWW.
IE and Opera to take on the intended background colors?

Nothing special. CSS works fine.
Neither color,

"color" is foreground.
nor background-color do the job.

Then you haven't used it properly.
So what else is there?
Or where to put it?

In your style sheet:

body {
background-color: #2f4f4f;
color: #fff;
}

Post a URL.

richard

You can't "force" anything on the WWW.

Nothing special. CSS works fine.

"color" is foreground.

Then you haven't used it properly.

In your style sheet:

body {
background-color: #2f4f4f;
color: #fff;
}

Post a URL.

Checked that. Works as a single open page by itself, but not within an
iframe.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
Checked that. Works as a single open page by itself, but not within an
iframe.

You did not mention "iframe" in your original post.

Add the CSS code to the iframe page.

Post a URL.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
Ok...

click on "alphabetical list>>1960>>master">

Ok, now what?
Where do you want a background color? You've not assigned one to the
body of the page in the iframe (nor in the main page, either). I see my
default purple.

You don't read much other advice given in these groups. See:
http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html