    Neither color, nor background-color do the job.
    So what else is there?
    Or where to put it?
    richard, Jan 9, 2008

  2. richard wrote:

    > What to use to force

    You can't "force" anything on the WWW.

    > IE and Opera to take on the intended background colors?

    Nothing special. CSS works fine.

    > Neither color,

    "color" is foreground.

    > nor background-color do the job.

    Then you haven't used it properly.

    > So what else is there?
    > Or where to put it?

    In your style sheet:

    body {
    background-color: #2f4f4f;
    color: #fff;
    }

    Post a URL.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2008

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 17:15:34 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >
    >> What to use to force

    >You can't "force" anything on the WWW.
    >
    >> IE and Opera to take on the intended background colors?

    >Nothing special. CSS works fine.
    >
    >> Neither color,

    >"color" is foreground.
    >
    >> nor background-color do the job.

    >Then you haven't used it properly.
    >
    >> So what else is there?
    >> Or where to put it?

    >In your style sheet:
    >
    >body {
    > background-color: #2f4f4f;
    > color: #fff;
    >}
    >
    >Post a URL.

    Checked that. Works as a single open page by itself, but not within an
    iframe.
    richard, Jan 9, 2008
  4. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >
    >>richard wrote:
    >>> What to use to force

    >> You can't "force" anything on the WWW.
    >>
    >>> IE and Opera to take on the intended background colors?

    >> Nothing special. CSS works fine.
    >>
    >>> Neither color,

    >> "color" is foreground.
    >>
    >>> nor background-color do the job.

    >> Then you haven't used it properly.
    >>
    >>> So what else is there?
    >>> Or where to put it?

    >> In your style sheet:
    >>
    >> body {
    >> background-color: #2f4f4f;
    >> color: #fff;
    >>}
    >>
    >> Post a URL.

    > Checked that. Works as a single open page by itself, but not within an
    > iframe.

    You did not mention "iframe" in your original post.

    Add the CSS code to the iframe page.

    Post a URL.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2008
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:21:43 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:

    >>> You can't "force" anything on the WWW.

    >>> Nothing special. CSS works fine.

    >>> "color" is foreground.

    >>> Then you haven't used it properly.

    >>> In your style sheet:
    >>>
    >>> body {
    >>> background-color: #2f4f4f;
    >>> color: #fff;
    >>>}
    >>>
    >>> Post a URL.

    >> Checked that. Works as a single open page by itself, but not within an
    >> iframe.

    >You did not mention "iframe" in your original post.
    >
    >Add the CSS code to the iframe page.
    >
    >Post a URL.

    http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldies1.html

    click on "alphabetical list>>1960>>master">
    richard, Jan 9, 2008
  6. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >>You did not mention "iframe" in your original post.
    >>Add the CSS code to the iframe page.
    >>Post a URL.

    > http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldies1.html

    Ok...

    > click on "alphabetical list>>1960>>master">

    Ok, now what?
    Where do you want a background color? You've not assigned one to the
    body of the page in the iframe (nor in the main page, either). I see my
    default purple.

    You don't read much other advice given in these groups. See:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/fontsize.html

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2008