IE overlapping over select box on IE 6

Chamnap

Here I use prototype framework. I create a popup div, but there is a
problem with this on IE 6 when it is over a select box. I already use
an iframe, but it doesn't work well. Can anyone help me? Here is my
code:

if((navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSIE')>0) &&
(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera')<0)) {
new Insertion.After("reportBugPop",
'<iframe id="reportBugPop_iefix" ' +
'style="display:none;position:absolute;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=0);"
' + 'src="javascript:false;" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></
iframe>');
setTimeout(function() {
Position.clone("reportBugPop", "reportBugPop_iefix");
$('reportBugPop_iefix').style.zIndex = 1;
$('reportBugPop').style.zIndex = 2;
$('reportBugPop_iefix').show();
}, 50);
}

It overlaps very well, but the problem when loading an iframe it make
IE stucks for a while. Why it is like that? Any help is really
appreciated.

Thanks
Chamnap

RobG

Here I use prototype framework.

If you have a question specific to Prototype.js, ask in a group that
provides support for it.

[...]
if((navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSIE')>0) &&
(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera')<0)) {

Given that at the very top of Prototype.js's 4,000+ lines of code sit
its very own browser sniffing routines, it's difficult to understand
why you feel the need to write more. As far as I know, there is no
need to target specific browsers anyway unless you know of a browser
where the iframe hack is harmful.

Chamnap

if((navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSIE')>0) &&
(navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera')<0)) {
Given that at the very top of Prototype.js's 4,000+ lines of code sit
its very own browser sniffing routines, it's difficult to understand
why you feel the need to write more. As far as I know, there is no
need to target specific browsers anyway unless you know of a browser
where the iframe hack is harmful.

Well, I just want to create an iframe when it is an IE only. Can you
look through the way I create an iframe?

thanks

Logos

[...]

Seeing as you're creating the iframe via Prototype, RobG is right -
you need to ask people who support Prototype. YOUR code is not
creating the iframe - the Prototype framework is. Ergo, ask the
Prototype people. Or create the iframe yourself and see if that takes
any longer; if there is a difference, the problem is with the
framework.

Tyler

Chamnap

Seeing as you're creating the iframe via Prototype, RobG is right -
you need to ask people who support Prototype. YOUR code is not
creating the iframe - the Prototype framework is. Ergo, ask the
Prototype people. Or create the iframe yourself and see if that takes
any longer; if there is a difference, the problem is with the
framework.

No one in the forum of Prototype framework answers my question at all.
Maybe you should show me the code that create an iframe using a pure
javascript?

Thanks
Chamnap

Logos

No one in the forum of Prototype framework answers my question at all.
Maybe you should show me the code that create an iframe using a pure
javascript?

Thanks
Chamnap

//create the iframe
var ifr =document.createElement("iframe");
ifr.id ="reportBugPop_iefix";
ifr.style.display ="none";
ifr.style.position ="absolute";
ifr.style.filter="progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=0)";
ifr.frameBorder=0;
ifr.scrolling="NO";
ifr.src=false;

//insert the iframe into the DOM; this is for illustrative purposes
only
document.getElementById("reportBugPop").parentNode.appendChild(ifr);

Haven't tested that code, nor doublechecked that I'm referencing the
properties properly, so it may be buggy.