IE6/7 cookie stuff

DL

I find it cookie enabling/disabling confusing with IE6 and IE7. On
one hand, the Block All Cookies option seems to have maximum security
for user protection but then when I immediately click on the Advance
tab, it indicates First Party Cookies: Accept and Third Party Cookies:
Accept. Does it really mean that these two settings are mutually
exclusive?

Also when I use the Advance tab to set both First Party and Third
Parties Cookies to Block, but the javascript, navigator.cookieEnabled
functions still return "True". How come? And what's more, even when
set Block All Cookies, the navigator.cookieEnabled function still
returns "True", very confusing by this thing.

tia.

David Mark

I find it cookie enabling/disabling confusing with IE6 and IE7.  On
one hand, the Block All Cookies option seems to have maximum security
for user protection but then when I immediately click on the Advance
tab, it indicates First Party Cookies: Accept and Third Party Cookies:
Accept.  Does it really mean that these two settings are mutually
exclusive?

Also when I use the Advance tab to set both First Party and Third
Parties Cookies to Block, but the javascript, navigator.cookieEnabled

That's a new one on me. Ignore that property. Set a test cookie and
try to read it back.