IE6 acting weird with relative include of js and css files having ..in the beginning

Imran Sadat

Hi,

I have the following directory structure. A sample of the files is
given below.

Home/
submit.do
home.html
Home/xslt
tranform1.xsl

Home/css
transform1.css
style.css

Home/js
myjs.js

Home/jsp
xslout.jsp

Now what happens is when a person chooses something on the home.html
page, a request is passed to submit.do. The result of submit.do is a
redirection to xslout.jsp which is in the Home/jsp folder. This jsp
returns an xml. This xml refers to transform1.xsl for transformation.
This xsl includes the javascript using the code in the head section
of
the output html:
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/myjs.js"></script>

On some computers the request sent by IE to the server is for a file
js/myjs.js

while on others it is correctly sent as
Home/js/myjs.js

This is really weird because on the 8 computers I tried this, 4 sent
the correct request and 4 did not.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I know I can get the page to work by changing the src to src="/Home/
js/
myjs.js" but any ideas how to get the above code to work.

The same thing happens if I include a css in the file.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Imran

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:19:26
GMT Imran Sadat scribed:
[...]

According to what you've shown, the correct address is
src="js/myjs.js"

Imran

Wouldn't that access

Home/xslt/js/myjs.js since the link would be relative to xslt folder.

Regards
Imran

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:05:30
GMT Imran scribed:
Wouldn't that access

Home/xslt/js/myjs.js since the link would be relative to xslt folder.

Regards
Imran

The line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/myjs.js"></script>

isn't executed until home.html is on the client computer. Therefore it
has to be relative to the location of home.html.

Imran

The home.html does not include the js. It is the xslt page that has
the script tag. So it should be relative to that. As I said it works
on many PCs and doesn't work on some. So if the script tag was wrong,
it wouldn't work anywhere...wouldn't you agree?