if ($line == $count++)

Sherm Pendley

One good thing about google groups is that it has access
to stuff from months and years ago -- posts long gone
from whatever local or isp-maintained usenet cash you might have
access to.

Google's archives are still there whether I use it for everyday posting
and reading or not.

sherm--

David Combs

David Combs wrote:

That debate would more accurately be about news readers, rather than
archiving usenet articles. Speaking of, my news reader is configured
(by me) to not display already "read" usenet articles that are over
30-60 days old, so I'm unsure why you've been replying to such old
articles in this group today? It makes it difficult to follow (and I
really dislike google groups, so I'm not going there to check the
history of this thread :)

It's because I don't read the group every day -- maybe not
for a couple of weeks. (I gotta allocate a good stretch
of time for it -- because the posts here are **so good**,
my reading speed really slows down, too.)

David