iFrame - Transparent background.

gsb

Is there any way to make the background of an iFrame (object) transparent?
The iFrame is in a 'floating' DIV and I want the underlying HTML page to
show through as a background.

Thanks,

gsb

Berend de Boer

gsb> Is there any way to make the background of an iFrame (object)
gsb> transparent? The iFrame is in a 'floating' DIV and I want
gsb> the underlying HTML page to show through as a background.

If you use a background image that is a PNG with an alpha channel I
suppose it works fine. Style:

background: transparent url(background.png) repeat;

gsb

If you use a background image that is a PNG with an alpha channel I
suppose it works fine. Style:

background: transparent url(background.png) repeat;

Nope. Doesn't seem to work.
It's like the iFrame sets up a canvas: you can paint on it all you want to
but you can not see through it.

Thanks,

gsb

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

gsb wrote:

Please include a short attribution line next time for your readers to
see who wrote what.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Nope. Doesn't seem to work.
It's like the iFrame sets up a canvas: you can paint on it all you want to
but you can not see through it.

It works in working UAs, even without the image. It does not work
either way in IE.

For IE, you need to put the IFRAME as child of a block element, say a
DIV, format this and the formatting will be inherited by the IFRAME.

BTW: You are off-topic, try comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

PointedEars