    show through as a background.

    Thanks,

    gsb

    gsb, Jan 9, 2004

  2. >>>>> "gsb" == gsb <> writes:

    gsb> Is there any way to make the background of an iFrame (object)
    gsb> transparent? The iFrame is in a 'floating' DIV and I want
    gsb> the underlying HTML page to show through as a background.

    If you use a background image that is a PNG with an alpha channel I
    suppose it works fine. Style:

    background: transparent url(background.png) repeat;

    --
    Regards,

    Berend. (-:

    Berend de Boer, Jan 9, 2004

  3. gsb

    gsb Guest

    > If you use a background image that is a PNG with an alpha channel I
    > suppose it works fine. Style:
    >
    > background: transparent url(background.png) repeat;

    Nope. Doesn't seem to work.
    It's like the iFrame sets up a canvas: you can paint on it all you want to
    but you can not see through it.

    Thanks,

    gsb

    gsb, Jan 9, 2004
  4. gsb wrote:

    Please include a short attribution line next time for your readers to
    see who wrote what.
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    >> If you use a background image that is a PNG with an alpha channel I
    >> suppose it works fine. Style:
    >>
    >> background: transparent url(background.png) repeat;

    > Nope. Doesn't seem to work.
    > It's like the iFrame sets up a canvas: you can paint on it all you want to
    > but you can not see through it.

    It works in working UAs, even without the image. It does not work
    either way in IE.

    For IE, you need to put the IFRAME as child of a block element, say a
    DIV, format this and the formatting will be inherited by the IFRAME.

    BTW: You are off-topic, try comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Feb 12, 2004