Iframe window updating parent window property?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chandra, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Chandra

    Chandra Guest

    Hi all,

    I am running into an issue with iframe source updating a parent window
    property (basically for the position based on the iframe's height).
    This works fine when both iframe source and the html are in the same
    domain. However if the iframe source is another domain, I get a
    "permission denied" error.

    On analysis, found this is restricted to disable cross site scripting.

    I looked at the possibility of the iframe passing parameters on the
    URL indicating the parent window to alter its position. Again setting
    top.location.href from iframe gives "permission denied" here.

    Is there any work around for the same?

    Thanks in advance for any inputs.

    Warm Regards,
    Chandra