Ignore CSS in a section of a webpage?

Woody

Hi,

Is it possible to have a small section of a HTML page ignore the CSS
commands for that page? If so how?

Thanks

rf

Woody said:
Hi,

Is it possible to have a small section of a HTML page ignore the CSS
commands for that page?

No, not really.
If so how?

You could put that bit in a div or something then, in a rule that selects
that div, undo all the CSS properties that may apply to it by specifying the
defaults.

What are you trying to do? If you rephrase the problem there may be a better
solution.

Cheers
Richard.

Woody

rf said:
No, not really.

You could put that bit in a div or something then, in a rule that selects
that div, undo all the CSS properties that may apply to it by specifying the
defaults.

What are you trying to do? If you rephrase the problem there may be a better
solution.

Cheers
Richard.

Richard,

Thanks for your response.

What I have is a page that uses a standard CSS layout for the page (colors,
style, link colors etc)
I have some add-in code from an affiliate program that I want to put in a
table on this page, but when I add it in, the text links utilize the CSS for
their colors and it just doesnt work with their add-in code.

Hope that makes sense.

Woody

Thanks for your response.

What I have is a page that uses a standard CSS layout for the page (colors,
style, link colors etc)
I have some add-in code from an affiliate program that I want to put in a
table on this page, but when I add it in, the text links utilize the CSS for
their colors and it just doesnt work with their add-in code.

Oops i mean the link colors in my CSS look awful when they are applied to
this add-in code.
The add-in code is generated by the owners of the affiliate program, so I
cannot change it in that regard.

rf

Woody said:
Oops i mean the link colors in my CSS look awful when they are applied to
this add-in code.
The add-in code is generated by the owners of the affiliate program, so I
cannot change it in that regard.

Yeah, got it. So, what I suggested applies. you want their stuff to run
under the CSS defaults.

A URL to what you have would help but...

..default {color: black; background-color: white; ...}
..default a {color: blue; background-color: white; ... }
..default a:visited {color: whatever it is; background-color: white; ... }

You don't have to use the defaults, just whatever you think looks good.

Then:

<include their stuff>

Cheers
Richard.