    Is it possible to have a small section of a HTML page ignore the CSS
    commands for that page? If so how?

    Thanks

    Woody, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Woody

    rf Guest

    "Woody" <> wrote in message
    news:3f602934$0$15134$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to have a small section of a HTML page ignore the CSS
    > commands for that page?

    No, not really.

    > If so how?

    You could put that bit in a div or something then, in a rule that selects
    that div, undo all the CSS properties that may apply to it by specifying the
    defaults.

    What are you trying to do? If you rephrase the problem there may be a better
    solution.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 11, 2003

  3. Woody

    Woody Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "Woody" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to have a small section of a HTML page ignore the CSS
    > > commands for that page?

    > No, not really.
    >
    > > If so how?

    > You could put that bit in a div or something then, in a rule that selects
    > that div, undo all the CSS properties that may apply to it by specifying

    the
    > defaults.
    >
    > What are you trying to do? If you rephrase the problem there may be a

    better
    > solution.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    Richard,

    Thanks for your response.

    What I have is a page that uses a standard CSS layout for the page (colors,
    style, link colors etc)
    I have some add-in code from an affiliate program that I want to put in a
    table on this page, but when I add it in, the text links utilize the CSS for
    their colors and it just doesnt work with their add-in code.

    Hope that makes sense.

    Woody, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Woody

    Woody Guest

    > Thanks for your response.
    >
    > What I have is a page that uses a standard CSS layout for the page

    (colors,
    > style, link colors etc)
    > I have some add-in code from an affiliate program that I want to put in a
    > table on this page, but when I add it in, the text links utilize the CSS

    for
    > their colors and it just doesnt work with their add-in code.

    Oops i mean the link colors in my CSS look awful when they are applied to
    this add-in code.
    The add-in code is generated by the owners of the affiliate program, so I
    cannot change it in that regard.

    Woody, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Woody

    rf Guest

    "Woody" <> wrote in message

    > > Thanks for your response.
    > >
    > > What I have is a page that uses a standard CSS layout for the page

    > (colors,
    > > style, link colors etc)
    > > I have some add-in code from an affiliate program that I want to put in

    > > table on this page, but when I add it in, the text links utilize the CSS

    > for
    > > their colors and it just doesnt work with their add-in code.

    > Oops i mean the link colors in my CSS look awful when they are applied to
    > this add-in code.
    > The add-in code is generated by the owners of the affiliate program, so I
    > cannot change it in that regard.

    Yeah, got it. So, what I suggested applies. you want their stuff to run
    under the CSS defaults.

    A URL to what you have would help but...

    ..default {color: black; background-color: white; ...}
    ..default a {color: blue; background-color: white; ... }
    ..default a:visited {color: whatever it is; background-color: white; ... }

    You don't have to use the defaults, just whatever you think looks good.

    Then:

    <include their stuff>

    Cheers
    Richard.