IIS / Forms authentication problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ralph Soons, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Ralph Soons

    Ralph Soons Guest

    Hello,

    We have developed an ASP.Net application with forms authentication. When the
    login time of the user expires, the user will be redirected to a inlog form.
    We have implemented this functionality already for several projects, but for
    our current project something strange occurs:

    Sometime the user is successfully redirected to the login page, some times
    it isn't. In these cases a http error occurs, normally http 400, bad
    request. But a different combination of tree and button selection on the
    webpage may also generates a 404 or ar 403 or even a normal login page with
    some images missing. The problem is reproducable.

    Did anyone experienced some of these problems before or does anyone have an
    idea what is wrong?
    Thanks for your help already.

    Ralph Soons (for reply's remove (ralph) from the email adres)

    p.s. Maybe the following tcp trace is also usable:

    HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified

    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

    Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:50:25 GMT

    ETag: "0e62468badc31:a65"

    HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

    Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:50:39 GMT

    HTTP/1.1 302 Found

    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

    Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:50:39 GMT

    Location: /TMCockpit/UVMLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fTMCockpit%2fUVMBasic.aspx

    Cache-Control: private

    <h2>Object moved to <a
    href='/TMCockpit/UVMLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fTMCockpit%2fUVMBasic.aspx'>here<
    /a>.</h2>

    HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

    Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:50:39 GMT

    Request</h1></body></html>
    Ralph Soons, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Ralph Soons

    Ralph Soons Guest

    I forgot to mention one thing:

    disabling the option HTTP keep-alives in IIS solves the problem, but in my
    opinion this isn't a sollution, just a workaround.

    Ralph Soons, Nov 24, 2003