  1. Hi guys, what options are there to use, for example, a string stored in the
    Session context by an ASP.NET page, from within, say, a PHP script?
    Thanks! - Marco

    Marco Ippolito, Oct 5, 2004

  2. You can share a cookie on the same domain. I'm doing it with a 4D web site
    and .NET and it works fine. You have to be part of the same domain though.
    You can share across sub-domains as well. For instance, we are using
    www.mysite.com and www2.mysite.com. When you create or load the cookie we set
    the domain = .mysite.com. You can't really test it from your local machine so
    if you have a test environment that follows this format you can test it
    there. Basically because you can't create a cookie for a domain if you aren't
    part of that domain.

    HTH

    =?Utf-8?B?RU5JWklO?=, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Hey ENIZIN, thanks for the tip. :) Good idea for string values! Guess for
    more complex data objects one would always resort to XML serialisation or
    even more complex models, right? Sounds like a big shame to have your object
    in "session" memory and not be able to point to it and cast it to a PHP
    structure.. :) Or have the PHP wizards already thought about that too?
    [always been impressed by their control of COM, for instance!]

    Marco Ippolito, Oct 5, 2004