IIS Session variables / cross-access from PHP <-> ASP.NET

Marco Ippolito

Hi guys, what options are there to use, for example, a string stored in the
Session context by an ASP.NET page, from within, say, a PHP script?
Thanks! - Marco

Guest

You can share a cookie on the same domain. I'm doing it with a 4D web site
and .NET and it works fine. You have to be part of the same domain though.
You can share across sub-domains as well. For instance, we are using
www.mysite.com and www2.mysite.com. When you create or load the cookie we set
the domain = .mysite.com. You can't really test it from your local machine so
if you have a test environment that follows this format you can test it
there. Basically because you can't create a cookie for a domain if you aren't
part of that domain.

HTH

Marco Ippolito

Hey ENIZIN, thanks for the tip. :) Good idea for string values! Guess for
more complex data objects one would always resort to XML serialisation or
even more complex models, right? Sounds like a big shame to have your object
in "session" memory and not be able to point to it and cast it to a PHP
structure.. :) Or have the PHP wizards already thought about that too?
[always been impressed by their control of COM, for instance!]