I'm looking for someone to appraise my java code for me..

travel2light

How do you think EVERYONE finally comes to the conclusion they are of
prime importance?

It is so funny the way younger programmers think we old timers are so
keen on comments purely out of a sense of aesthetics. We learned
through deep pain. Ditto the importance of encapsulation.

I'm not in your world. I've never been around programmers and I've
never accociated with them. I am 100% self taught and therefore I've
never been been inclined, or had reason to think about your question.
I've also never had reason or inclination to consider if/why
professional programmers use comments.

Your comment also assumes that anyone learning java is young. This is
quite a big assumption.

Michael

Lew

travel2light said:
Your comment also assumes that anyone learning java is young. This is
quite a big assumption.

"Younger programmers" does not refer to chronological age, but to when one was
"born" into programming. See Paul Erdos's use of being "born" for a similar
specialization.

travel2light

Hi,
I need someone with professional java development experience to
appraise my code for me. I am a self-taught programmer and I have
reached a stage where I need to know if I have the potential to take
up java development as a career. Or if it will just continue to be a
stimulating hobby. This is really important to me and hopefully will
save me a lot of time and effort!

I've written an application that pretty much summarises what I have
learnt so far. It is a single compilable source file. It was written
using a text editor. I have to admit it is not commented much, but
once it is compiled it should be easy to see what it is about.

I would be so grateful to anyone who can help me to know what my
potential is. I should also add that I'm not from an academic
background and my grasp of maths is basic at best. The program have
chosen will demonstrate the limits of my maths knowledge! Many thanks.

Michael

I just want to thank everyone who replied and helped me understand the
problems with my code. I really appreciated all of time and wisdom.

Michael

travel2light

"Younger programmers" does not refer to chronological age, but to when one was
"born" into programming. See Paul Erdos's use of being "born" for a similar
specialization.

No problem.