    Any help appreciated

    thanks and regards

    Mike
    Mike Azzopardi, Feb 25, 2006

  2. Mike Azzopardi

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:33:02 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    <> wrote:

    : Hi All
    :
    : I know this may sound trivial but it makes a great difference to my page. I
    : have some images which are borderless and when I make border ="1", I get a
    : nice black border. As soon as I make the image a hyperlink, the border turns
    : white. However the text links on my page are blue, so I don't know where the
    : white is coming from. I would really like the border to remain black. White
    : doesn't look so cool.

    Strange, yes. URL? Put it up somewhere?

    You can set border colors of certain elements to your fancy, but
    before we show you this, let's have a look at the white anomaly.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Feb 25, 2006

  3. Thanks for looking. Here is the URL:

    http://fjam.zapto.org/charity/artists2.htm

    The 1st image is linked with border set to 1 (White border)
    The 2nd image isn't linked with border set to 1 (Black Border)
    The 3rd image is linked with no border.

    All the linked stylesheet has is this in it:

    a {
    font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
    color: #0000FF;

    }
    body {
    font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
    font-size: 16pt;
    font-weight: bolder;
    color: #660000;
    }

    Thanks again.
    Mike

    Mike Azzopardi, Feb 25, 2006
  4. Mike Azzopardi

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:28:41 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    <> wrote:

    :
    :
    : "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:33:02 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    : > <> wrote:
    : >
    : > : Hi All
    : > :
[...]

    : }
    : body {
    : font-family: "Courier New", Courier, mono;
    : font-size: 16pt;
    : font-weight: bolder;
    : color: #660000;
    : }

    Please bottom post - that is the standard on Usenet.

    This is causing your problem:
    <BODY text=#ffffff vLink=#ffffff aLink=#ffffff link=#ffffff
    bgColor=#cccccc
    leftMargin=0 topMargin=0 MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0">

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Feb 25, 2006
  5. Many Thanks for this Sid.

    Mike Azzopardi, Feb 25, 2006
  6. Mike Azzopardi

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:34:36 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    <> wrote:

    : Many Thanks for this Sid.

    Pleasure. :))

    ---------------
    After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
    developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

    MALE PROCEDURE:

    1. Drive up to the cash machine.
    2. Put down your car window.
    3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
    4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
    5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
    6. Put window up.
    7. Drive off.

    FEMALE PROCEDURE:

    1. Drive up to cash machine!
    2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with
    the machine.
    3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
    4. Find hand bag , remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate
    card.
    5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up
    6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
    7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its
    excessive distance from the car.
    8. Insert card.
    9. Re-insert card the right way.
    10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the
    inside back page.
    11. Enter PIN.
    12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
    13. Enter amount of cash required.
    14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
    15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
    16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
    17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of
    checkbook.
    18. Re-check makeup.
    19. Drive forward 2 feet.
    20. Reverse back to cash machine.
    21. Retrieve card.
    22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the
    slot provided.
    23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
    24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
    25. Redial person on cell phone.
    26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
    27. Release Parking Brake.
    Sid Ismail, Feb 25, 2006
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Sid Ismail <>
    writing in news::

    > After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
    > developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

    That's classic... I know people who do this

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 25, 2006
  8. Mike Azzopardi

    Joey Guest

    Mike:

    Try using a style sheet on the page and see what happens. Check your
    page params for visited and active hyperlinks.

    Joey Molina
    Web Hosting magazine
    http://www.hostaps.com
    Joey, Feb 25, 2006
  9. Mike Azzopardi

    Joey Guest

    Nevermind:

    You ARE using a style sheet, check it.
    Joey, Feb 25, 2006
  10. Mike Azzopardi

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Sid Ismail quothed:

    > After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
    > developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

    I liked it but my g/f thinks you're a male chauvinist "porcine".

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Mike Azzopardi

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Sid Ismail <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:34:36 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > : Many Thanks for this Sid.
    >

    > Pleasure. :))

    Hang on a mo... He top posted his thanks straight after you asked
    him not to, what about tempering the smile a bit at least?

    :)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 25, 2006
  12. Mike Azzopardi

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns977568E17E24arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Sid Ismail <>
    > writing in news::
    >
    > > After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
    > > developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."
    > >

    > That's classic... I know people who do this

    I know men who do this.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 25, 2006
  13. Mike Azzopardi

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:05:40 -0700, Neredbojias
    <> wrote:

    : I liked it but my g/f thinks you're a male chauvinist "porcine".

    Yeah, but it did cause a little giggle, no?
    Apologies to the Missus.

    Here's something for her...

    Seven Things To Be Thankful For:

    for automatic dishwashers. They make it possible to get out of the
    kitchen before the family come in for their after-dinner snacks.

    for husbands who attack small repair jobs around the house. They
    usually make them big enough to call in professionals.

    for the bathtub -- the one place the family allows Mom some time to
    herself.

    for children who put away their things and clean up after themselves.
    They're such a joy you hate to see them go home to their own parents.

    for gardening. It's a relief to deal with dirt outside the house for a
    change.

    for teenagers. They give parents an opportunity to learn a second
    language.

    for smoke alarms. They let you know when the turkey's done.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Feb 26, 2006
  14. Mike Azzopardi

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > In article <>,
    > Sid Ismail <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:34:36 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > : Many Thanks for this Sid.
    > >

    > > Pleasure. :))

    > Hang on a mo... He top posted his thanks straight after you asked
    > him not to, what about tempering the smile a bit at least?

    I knew it. You're related to B de Z.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Feb 26, 2006
  15. Mike Azzopardi

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > With neither quill nor qualm, Sid Ismail quothed:
    >
    > > After months of careful research, MALE & FEMALE procedures have been
    > > developed. Please follow the appropriate steps for your gender."

    > I liked it but my g/f thinks you're a male chauvinist "porcine".

    ....yeah well, she would know. Tell her help is on its way in the
    form of Gladiator (who will pose as Officer Bud White)...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 26, 2006
  16. Mike Azzopardi

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > Sid Ismail <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:34:36 GMT, "Mike Azzopardi"
    > > > <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > : Many Thanks for this Sid.
    > > >

    > > > Pleasure. :))

    > > Hang on a mo... He top posted his thanks straight after you asked
    > > him not to, what about tempering the smile a bit at least?

    > I knew it. You're related to B de Z.

    Oh Boji! If you only knew! I am intimately related to BdeZ. She
    has been carrying me around for ages in her killfile. You don't
    get to be closer to a person than that. Trust me.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 26, 2006
  17. Mike Azzopardi

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > > I knew it. You're related to B de Z.

    > Oh Boji! If you only knew! I am intimately related to BdeZ. She
    > has been carrying me around for ages in her killfile. You don't
    > get to be closer to a person than that. Trust me.

    Why'd she killfile you? I know why she kf'ed me; she thinks I'm the
    anti-Christ or something, but you? Perhaps she considers you a smart
    ass...

    It's funny that people with limited vision in the general sense are
    always seeking ways to limit their vision even further.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Feb 27, 2006