image button causes reload

Discussion in 'HTML' started by meltedown, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. meltedown

    meltedown Guest

    On this page is a blue box with a javascript
    ticker:http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp

    I have created pause, back and forward input buttons to control the
    ticker. The client doesn't like the default input buttons so I have
    tried to use images for input. I have only changed the forward botton on
    the right to an image button.

    For some reason the image button causes the page to reload to this url
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp?ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6
    I don't know where "ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6" comes from-
    its not anything I did.

    The other buttons don't reload the page at all. Why is this image button
    causing the reload ? How do I get it to stop ?
     
    meltedown, Apr 18, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. meltedown

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, meltedown <>
    vouchsafed:

    > On this page is a blue box with a javascript
    > ticker:http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp
    >
    > I have created pause, back and forward input buttons to control the
    > ticker. The client doesn't like the default input buttons so I have
    > tried to use images for input. I have only changed the forward botton
    > on the right to an image button.
    >
    > For some reason the image button causes the page to reload to this url
    > http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp?ticker_forward.x=7&tic
    > ker_forward.y=6 I don't know where
    > "ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6" comes from- its not anything I
    > did.
    >
    > The other buttons don't reload the page at all. Why is this image
    > button causing the reload ? How do I get it to stop ?


    Sounds like something in this:

    <script type="text/javascript" src="ticker.js"></script>

    Got a 404 on ticker.js.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
     
    Neredbojias, Apr 18, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. meltedown

    meltedown Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > To further the education of mankind, meltedown <>
    > vouchsafed:
    >
    >> On this page is a blue box with a javascript
    >> ticker:http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp
    >>
    >> I have created pause, back and forward input buttons to control the
    >> ticker. The client doesn't like the default input buttons so I have
    >> tried to use images for input. I have only changed the forward botton
    >> on the right to an image button.
    >>
    >> For some reason the image button causes the page to reload to this url
    >> http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp?ticker_forward.x=7&tic
    >> ker_forward.y=6 I don't know where
    >> "ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6" comes from- its not anything I
    >> did.
    >>
    >> The other buttons don't reload the page at all. Why is this image
    >> button causing the reload ? How do I get it to stop ?

    >
    > Sounds like something in this:
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript" src="ticker.js"></script>
    >
    > Got a 404 on ticker.js.
    >

    I've never had a problem reaching the javascript file. The other buttons
    work fine, and they all work from the same file. I don't think this is
    the problem I'm having with the image button.

    However, maybe its another problem having to do with the server, or
    maybe even your particular browser. If so, I haven't a clue what could
    be causing it. The file is definitely there.
     
    meltedown, Apr 18, 2006
    #3
  4. meltedown

    BootNic Guest

    > "meltedown" <> wrote:
    > news:8CV0g.151332$....
    >
    > On this page is a blue box with a javascript
    > ticker:http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp
    >
    > I have created pause, back and forward input buttons to control the
    > ticker. The client doesn't like the default input buttons so I have
    > tried to use images for input. I have only changed the forward
    > botton on the right to an image button.
    >
    > For some reason the image button causes the page to reload to this
    > url
    > http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp?ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6
    > I don't know where "ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6" comes
    > from- its not anything I did.
    >
    > The other buttons don't reload the page at all. Why is this image
    > button causing the reload ? How do I get it to stop ?


    <input type="image" name="ticker_forward" onclick=
    "MoveTicker('forward');" src=
    "http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/images/forward.gif">

    That submits the form.

    Just use an image with an onclick.

    <img name="ticker_forward" onclick="MoveTicker('forward');"
    src="http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/images/forward.gif" alt=""
    id="ticker_forward">

    If you don't like that then I suppose you might get it to work if you add an
    action attribute to the form, action="javascript:void(this)" or maybe add
    onsubmit="return false;".

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp

    --
    BootNic Monday, April 17, 2006 9:33 PM

    Optimism and humor are the grease and glue of life. Without both of
    them we would never have survived our captivity.
    *Philip Butler, Vietnam POW*
     
    BootNic, Apr 18, 2006
    #4
  5. meltedown

    meltedown Guest

    BootNic wrote:
    >> "meltedown" <> wrote:
    >> news:8CV0g.151332$....
    >>
    >> On this page is a blue box with a javascript
    >> ticker:http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp
    >>
    >> I have created pause, back and forward input buttons to control the
    >> ticker. The client doesn't like the default input buttons so I have
    >> tried to use images for input. I have only changed the forward
    >> botton on the right to an image button.
    >>
    >> For some reason the image button causes the page to reload to this
    >> url
    >> http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp?ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6
    >> I don't know where "ticker_forward.x=7&ticker_forward.y=6" comes
    >> from- its not anything I did.
    >>
    >> The other buttons don't reload the page at all. Why is this image
    >> button causing the reload ? How do I get it to stop ?

    >
    > <input type="image" name="ticker_forward" onclick=
    > "MoveTicker('forward');" src=
    > "http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/images/forward.gif">
    >
    > That submits the form.
    >
    > Just use an image with an onclick.
    >
    > <img name="ticker_forward" onclick="MoveTicker('forward');"
    > src="http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/images/forward.gif" alt=""
    > id="ticker_forward">
    >


    Works great!! thanks.
    > If you don't like that then I suppose you might get it to work if you add an
    > action attribute to the form, action="javascript:void(this)" or maybe add
    > onsubmit="return false;".
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/indexproto.asp

    I know, I know. I brought up 'validation errors' with the other er...
    authors on the job and they thought I was some kind of nut. Does that
    ever happen to you ? I think these errors are mostly the result of using
    Dreamweaver. Actually, its alot better than it was a while ago. I've
    been chipping away at it.

    >
     
    meltedown, Apr 18, 2006
    #5
  6. meltedown

    Guest

    meltedown wrote:
    > Actually, its alot better than it was a while ago. I've
    > been chipping away at it.


    Most of what's left looked fixable in no time at all.


    --
    AGw.
     
    , Apr 18, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=

    javascript location.reload causes "retry / cancel" popup

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Mar 14, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    13,182
    chandruvkumar
    Apr 28, 2008
  2. UJ
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    6,569
    Lucas Tam
    Aug 12, 2005
  3. Joshua Beall
    Replies:
    26
    Views:
    223,414
    AndreiKaa
    Jun 29, 2007
  4. gen_tricomi
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    820
    gen_tricomi
    May 23, 2006
  5. Stefan Mueller
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    340
    Stefan Mueller
    Nov 5, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page