    Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing

    Cheers

    Mark
    Mark Trueman, Oct 6, 2006

  2. Mark Trueman wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
    > have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
    > up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
    > bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
    > of me work out why.
    >
    > Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing

    Yes the simple thing is validate your markup first

    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk/
    Result for http://www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk/ - W3C Markup Validator

    I think error #5 is your trouble spot

    class="tblbot"op">
    ^

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 6, 2006

  3. Mark  Trueman

    Mark Trueman Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Mark Trueman wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
    > > have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
    > > up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
    > > bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
    > > of me work out why.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing

    > Yes the simple thing is validate your markup first
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk/
    > Result for http://www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk/ - W3C Markup Validator
    >
    > I think error #5 is your trouble spot
    >
    > class="tblbot"op">
    > ^
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Sorry, that error got in somehow, but removing it and the other problem
    code does not make the image appear where i want it to. Any more
    ideas???

    Cheers

    Mark
    Mark Trueman, Oct 6, 2006
  4. Mark  Trueman

    mbstevens Guest

    Mark Trueman wrote:

    > Sorry, that error got in somehow, but removing it and the other problem
    > code does not make the image appear where i want it to. Any more
    > ideas???

    Yes. Instead of turning backflips trying to surround the image with
    images controlled by CSS, just go into Gimp or Photoshop and make those
    small images part of the main logo iamge itself. That will work in
    every browser that can display the image.
    --
    mbstevens
    http://www.mbstevens.com/
    mbstevens, Oct 6, 2006
  5. Mark  Trueman

    mbstevens Guest

    mbstevens wrote:
    > Mark Trueman wrote:

    >> Sorry, that error got in somehow, but removing it and the other problem
    >> code does not make the image appear where i want it to. Any more
    >> ideas???

    > Yes. Instead of turning backflips trying to surround the image with
    > images controlled by CSS, just go into Gimp or Photoshop and make those
    > small images part of the main logo iamge itself. That will work in
    > every browser that can display the image.

    BTW, optimize that devil. It's weighing in at a hefty 58K.
    mbstevens, Oct 6, 2006
  6. Mark  Trueman

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Mark Trueman" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
    > have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
    > up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
    > bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
    > of me work out why.
    >
    > Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Mark

    The purple blue links on black background are hard to see, you
    need to be quite careful if you have dark backgrounds.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 7, 2006
  7. Mark  Trueman

    John Salerno Guest

    Mark Trueman wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Ive been messing around with my website, www.stopsleyflyers.co.uk, and
    > have come across a problem. The top logo has a border around it, made
    > up of small images. This looks fine in firefox, but in iexplore the
    > bottom of the blue/white/grey border is missing and i cant for the life
    > of me work out why.
    >
    > Can anyone help, im sure its a simple thing
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Mark

    Just curious, did you get it fixed? It looks the same in FF and IE to me.
    John Salerno, Oct 10, 2006