    --

    Paul Watt
    http://www.paulwatt.info
    Paul Watt, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    "Paul Watt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi guys,
    > I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its
    > a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE
    > its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block},
    > I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set
    > line height to 0. Now what?
    >
    > http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
    >
    > Cheers

    Dont worry, sorted it

    cheers
    Paul Watt, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Paul Watt wrote

    > "Paul Watt" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi guys,
    >> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a
    >> login. Its a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each
    >> other. In IE its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried
    >> IMG{display:block}, I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set
    >> margins to 0, i've set line height to 0. Now what?
    >>
    >> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > Dont worry, sorted it

    That's a relief!

    --
    Charles Sweeney
    http://CharlesSweeney.com
    Charles Sweeney, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Paul Watt

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Paul Watt wrote:
    > "Paul Watt" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi guys,
    >> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its
    >> a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE
    >> its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block},
    >> I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set
    >> line height to 0. Now what?
    >>
    >> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > Dont worry, sorted it
    >
    > cheers

    Umm, you may have fixed it /somewhere/ but not on the link above. Not
    for me in the latest releases of Firefox and SeaMonkey.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Apr 21, 2006
  5. Paul Watt

    Matt Probert Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:44:18 +0100, "Paul Watt"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its a
    >wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE its
    >fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block}, I've
    >tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set line
    >height to 0. Now what?

    Have you tried tables?

    </gets coat>

    Matt

    --
    Veritas Vincti
    http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com
    Matt Probert, Apr 21, 2006
  6. Paul Watt

    Matt Probert Guest

    On 21 Apr 2006 10:59:59 GMT, Charles Sweeney <>
    wrote:

    >Paul Watt wrote
    >

    >> "Paul Watt" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi guys,
    >>> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a
    >>> login. Its a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each
    >>> other. In IE its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried
    >>> IMG{display:block}, I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set
    >>> margins to 0, i've set line height to 0. Now what?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>

    >> Dont worry, sorted it

    >That's a relief!

    Thank heavens! I shall be able to sleep tonight, afterall!

    Matt

    Matt Probert, Apr 21, 2006
  7. Paul Watt

    Paul Watt Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Watt wrote:
    >> "Paul Watt" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi guys,
    >>> I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login.
    >>> Its a wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In
    >>> IE its fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried
    >>> IMG{display:block}, I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set
    >>> margins to 0, i've set line height to 0. Now what?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.paulwatt.info/test/supply/
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>

    >> Dont worry, sorted it
    >>
    >> cheers

    > Umm, you may have fixed it /somewhere/ but not on the link above. Not for
    > me in the latest releases of Firefox and SeaMonkey.

    fixed on my local copy

    paul
    Paul Watt, Apr 21, 2006
  8. Paul Watt

    axlq Guest

    In article <>,
    Matt Probert <Via Usenet ONLY> wrote:
    >On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:44:18 +0100, "Paul Watt"
    ><> wrote:
    >>I've got a problem again, pesky css. I have a rounded box for a login. Its a
    >>wrapper div containing three divs stacked on top of each other. In IE its
    >>fine, but in FF the divs are seperated. I've tried IMG{display:block}, I've
    >>tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}. I've set margins to 0, i've set line
    >>height to 0. Now what?

    >Have you tried tables?
    >
    ></gets coat>

    Actually that's a good suggestion. I see more consistency between
    browsers in the way they display tables than the way they handle
    CSS. It's gotten to the point where I'm about to give up on CSS for
    layout, I'm so disgusted with how IE fails to conform to standards,
    and I don't want to litter my pages with ridiculous hacks to
    compensate for all the differences.

    -A
    axlq, Apr 21, 2006
  9. Paul Watt

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, (axlq) vouchsafed:

    >>Have you tried tables?
    >>
    >></gets coat>

    > Actually that's a good suggestion. I see more consistency between
    > browsers in the way they display tables than the way they handle
    > CSS. It's gotten to the point where I'm about to give up on CSS for
    > layout, I'm so disgusted with how IE fails to conform to standards,
    > and I don't want to litter my pages with ridiculous hacks to
    > compensate for all the differences.

    Tables can be quite a pain, too. And the standards exist for the primary
    reason (-whether the w3c realizes it or not) of making all (general web)
    browsers work the same with the same markup. We're parsecs from that
    utopean goal which will probably never be reached, but wouldn't it be nice
    if you had something like a 98% level of confidence that some splotch of
    markup would work identically in all browsers?

    Css will evolve. I wouldn't give up too quickly.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 22, 2006
  10. Paul Watt

    Jim Moe Guest

    Paul Watt wrote:

    >> I've tried IMG{vertical align:bottom}.
    >>

    > Dont worry, sorted it

    Forget the hyphen, yes?

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Apr 22, 2006
  11. Paul Watt

    Rob_W Guest

    axlq schreef:
    > In article <>,
    > Matt Probert <Via Usenet ONLY> wrote:

    [snipped]

    >>Have you tried tables?
    >>
    >></gets coat>

    > Actually that's a good suggestion. I see more consistency between
    > browsers in the way they display tables than the way they handle
    > CSS. It's gotten to the point where I'm about to give up on CSS for
    > layout, I'm so disgusted with how IE fails to conform to standards,
    > and I don't want to litter my pages with ridiculous hacks to
    > compensate for all the differences.
    >
    > -A

    If you have to apply hacks, it will be in the stylesheet.
    That means you don't have to litter your pages.

    Rob
    Rob_W, Apr 22, 2006
  12. Paul Watt

    axlq Guest

    In article <4449b682$0$31646$4all.nl>,
    Rob_W <> wrote:
    >axlq schreef:
    >> I'm so disgusted with how IE fails to conform to standards,
    >> and I don't want to litter my pages with ridiculous hacks to
    >> compensate for all the differences.

    >If you have to apply hacks, it will be in the stylesheet.
    >That means you don't have to litter your pages.

    That's not quite true. Try making a CSS-only drop-down menu
    (without using Javascript) that works the same under IE and other
    browsers. All the examples I have seen required conditional markup
    hacks in the document, as well as separate stylesheets for IE.

    An excellent example of a cross-browser non-javascript CSS-only
    drop-down menu is here:
    http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/final_drop.html

    It's quite nicely done, but it does require hacks in both CSS and
    HTML.

    -A
    axlq, Apr 22, 2006
  13. Paul Watt

    kchayka Guest

    axlq wrote:
    > In article <4449b682$0$31646$4all.nl>,
    > Rob_W <> wrote:
    >>
    >>If you have to apply hacks, it will be in the stylesheet.
    >>That means you don't have to litter your pages.

    > That's not quite true. Try making a CSS-only drop-down menu

    And why would I even want to? Those things are a PITA to use - I
    wouldn't want any of my users to suffer with them.

    BTW, contrary to popular belief, making them with CSS instead of JS does
    *not* automatically make them more accessible.

    kchayka, Apr 23, 2006