Image slice problem with Netscape 4.51

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Klaus, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Klaus

    Klaus Guest

    Hello,

    I made a website with some tables and sliced images that look fin with
    a couple of browsers but didn't look nice with Netscape 4.51.

    I have tired for hours to fix the problem but didn't have a clue! All
    images have border=0 and even V and Hspace=0. The table is spacing,
    padding and border is 0. The table height and width is defined.

    You may have a look at www.pa-bielefeld-osnabrueck.de.

    The other problem (if you might see) is the page offset. The page
    should start at to of the browser windows offset=0 (and does in all
    browsers I have checked except Netscpae 4.51). Maybe you have also an
    idea for this one.

    Thanks for any hint.

    Greetings,
    Klaus
    Klaus, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Klaus

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Klaus said...

    > I made a website with some tables

    you shouldn't use tables for layout. use CSS

    > and sliced images that look fin with a couple of browsers but didn't look
    > nice with Netscape 4.51.

    NS<6 are crappy but the first step in fixing a problem is to fix the
    errors in your markup to ensure that the browser is the problem and
    not your markup:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.pa-bielefeld-osnabrueck.de/

    > I have tired for hours to fix the problem but didn't have a clue!

    apart from ensuring my markup was valid i wouldn't bother fixing a
    problem that only occurs in one very old browser. i recommend dumping
    the tables and re-do using CSS.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 26/July/2003 07:25:15 pm kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jul 26, 2003