image spilling over page divider -- solutions?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by JakeDutch, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. JakeDutch

    JakeDutch Guest

    I'm using a CSS template on Blogspot. It divides the page into a left and
    right section.

    In the left section, there is by default a text title. I replaced that with
    a logo image. I also placed an image at the top of the right section.

    The problem is, I sized both images for a 1024x768 resolution.

    I thought it looked good that way, but then I checked it on 800x600 and the
    images don't resize with the page divisions. (The left and right sections
    are set to a certain percentage of the page size.) The two images overlap,
    and the text on the right section also overlaps the logo image.

    Is there a simple way I can set the images to resize with different
    resolutions, or a better template for what I'm trying to do?

    Thanks.

    --

    «·´ ·.(*·.¸( ·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´ ·»
    «·´¨*·.¸* ROTC JEEP *.¸¸.·*¨ ·»

    http://rotcjeeplist.blogspot.com

    JakeDutch, Oct 8, 2003

  2. JakeDutch

    brucie Guest

    In post <B4Jgb.519568$cF.186972@rwcrnsc53>
    JakeDutch said...

    > I'm using a CSS template on Blogspot. It divides the page into a left and
    > right section.
    >
    > In the left section, there is by default a text title. I replaced that with
    > a logo image. I also placed an image at the top of the right section.
    >
    > The problem is, I sized both images for a 1024x768 resolution.

    just because a monitor uses 1024x768 does not in any way mean the
    available canvas area is anywhere near that size.

    > I thought it looked good that way, but then I checked it on 800x600 and the
    > images don't resize with the page divisions. (The left and right sections
    > are set to a certain percentage of the page size.) The two images overlap,
    > and the text on the right section also overlaps the logo image.

    add min-width:xxx to the body (not supported by IE) or use
    width="100%" on the images (not recommended) or redo the image to fit
    for small window sizes or rewrite the css.

    --
    brucie.
    08/October/2003 07:35:41 pm

    brucie, Oct 8, 2003